Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back to my re-org the last few days. I got the counter top from our old kitchen put on the cabinets I moved out there a while back. I hung a wall unit and a new shelf to hold my battery Tender too. I don't have any electric power on that side of the shop so I decided to run a line over there. After running the conduit up the wall, I needed to hang it from the 16 ft ceiling. This is how I do that. I position the forklift and pallet and then climb up the ladder to work. Then I climb down, move everything and climb back up. Takes a while like that but I git-r-done...:lol:

Here's the wall at the "work station". I had to find a new home for the steering wheel and finger guard.

Here I'm ready to pull the wire into the conduit with my "Red Neck" spool holder...

Fisch tape at the junction box down the wall from the overhead conduit. I had already pulled the wires from here to the panel.

Here we are, all wired up and working. No more extension cord across the floor....:D

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice job, and nice shop!!
How can you ride that sled up there?? :D
Thanks......there's a lot more changes happening. I've just been throwing parts, supplies and tools in there for the last 9 years. It's gonna take a while to sort it all out and get it organized. Last week I found a tilt steering column for my Chevelle that I had forgotten about...:eek:
That sled is my son's. He only gets to ride it when I want to get it down for him...;)

Third bush to the left. ;)
Actually, you're more right than you know. It went out in the woods next to the shop after the last fiasco...:willy:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I wish I had the room for that type of operation. It makes it SO much nicer to do work on a vehicle or whatever needs working on.....It can actually be fun. Not looking forward to pulling the motor out of my '67 in the DRIVEWAY to replace that leaking rear main!!!

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I had the room for that type of operation. It makes it SO much nicer to do work on a vehicle or whatever needs working on.....It can actually be fun. Not looking forward to pulling the motor out of my '67 in the DRIVEWAY to replace that leaking rear main!!!
Bring it on up, Jeff. Heat, lights, air tools, fork lift/hoist, we'll have that engine out in a couple hours....:D

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Mitch

I am jealous, wish I had more space in mine....sometimes think about selling and moving just for that reason

I had the same question as Gremlin, what happened to the crapper? :rofl:

Rickster Sends....

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Mitch, your temptiing me! The 3 day drive (each way, in winter) might even be justifiable! At least it would get FIXED!!!! Thank's for the offer, but I'll probably stay put and "gravel-back" it!

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mitch, your temptiing me! The 3 day drive (each way, in winter) might even be justifiable! At least it would get FIXED!!!! Thank's for the offer, but I'll probably stay put and "gravel-back" it!
It's here if you change your mind. Even have a sofa sleeper in the living room for free board...

Got a little farther the last couple days. first 2 pics are the disaster to the right of the enclosed cabinets.

And now..... I ran another conduit down from the junction box in the first pic and put in another quad outlet. The junky shelving that was there got reduced to half and became a shelf for the chargers for my cordless grease guns. The mess still leaning against the new shelving (that I moved from the other side of the shop) is junk to be discarded but there's more there already than my can will hold....

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
With 2 guys it can be done in less than 6 hours. The only things you need the 2nd person for is getting the hood off and fishing the motor/tranny through the engine compartment (one person jacks while the other holds the motor/trans in balance).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts