Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else read the May issue of MT? MT says the Zeta platform is a go in Australia as of April 2006. This is sappose to spawn a new 08 model in 07. Has anyone seen any similar rumors anywere else?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just remember that things written in the May issue of a magazine are generally written several months in advance. It may have been written before GM axed the Zeta.
As a counterpoint, Holden has just made a public statement stating they will build some sort of new Monaro with or without GM North America's help.
I hope this means we will get an 07 or later GTO.

G

·
The latest info is that the project will be based on a "Zeta lite"(read: cheaper) platform. The newest Hemmings Muscle Cars Magazine has an article discussing this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
According to Motor Trend's June issue, Zeta is a go in Austraila and they will be releasing a new Commodore on it soon. They hear that the GTO is the only "Zeta-based" US car that is safe and their pictures in the May issue are very close to what it will look like.

Let's hope so.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
project_goat said:
According to Motor Trend's June issue, Zeta is a go in Austraila and they will be releasing a new Commodore on it soon. They hear that the GTO is the only "Zeta-based" US car that is safe and their pictures in the May issue are very close to what it will look like.

Let's hope so.
That sounds promising.... :cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are those the same pics with the orange GTO with the more traditional longitudinal grille? If so, I hope the styling gets a drastic make over. It seems like every other new American car to come out is pulling on the retro styling strings....it's nice to see the GTO keeping things different, once again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's what Motor Trend is saying about the GTO. Attached are pictures they say are very close to what the design will look like.

From June Motor Trend:

"We hear the next-gen Zeta-based GTO is safe: That muscular, American-style sheetmetal shown in our May rendering is close to the real thing, and most of the basic design and engineering work is being handled in Australia by Holden. But if the GTO is Pontiac's only rear-drive offering, GM's claim that it's a performance brand is scarcely a credible one."

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Actually I can't upload the pictures. the file is only 16KB??? If anyone can help me I'd be glad to post the pics.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
project_goat said:
If anyone can help me I'd be glad to post the pics.
Dying to see those pics, upload them to the gallery, click on the picture to expand to the full size, right click on the picture, select properties, copy the url, select
on the tool bar while posting, paste the url between the img tags.

If you have any problems PM me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.