Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I agree with you, however the Caddy twice the price, or the Chrysler, ("Its a Chrysler!). However, most of the Chrysler owners that buy the 300m won't have the guts to go fast enough to beat a GTO anyway. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Old Coot said:
The 05 GTO doesn't do to good again the Caddy CTS and Chrysler 300C.

------------ 0 to 60-------- 0 to 100--------1/4 mile------braking 100 to 0

Caddy-------- [email protected] 317

Chrysler [email protected] 317

[email protected]
Where did you get those numbers from? A tank like the 300c faster? Maybe falling off a cliff! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a GTO also. I don't like to see those numbers but that is what it reads. Wouldn't you love to have a four door land yatch woop up on you at a light.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless they made a 400 HP GTO in 04 and put scoops on the hood and put bigger brakes on it, this is indeed a 05. The Chrysler is a 300C ST8 and wieghs in at 4190lb and is using and auto. It has the 425HP Hemi.
The 05 GTO is only 3 tenths faster in the 1/4 then the 04. But the Caddy is the fastest of the three.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Come one now. First you say that Car & Driver is biased against the GTO and now Motor Trend? So there is a conspiracy by two large automotive publications to make the GTO look bad? :rolleyes:

The goat was beaten on that particular day, under those particular track conditions, by those particular drivers. That does not diminish the value of GTO nor does it raise that status of those other vehicles with numbers being as close as they are.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Man that driver must have really sucked 0-60 should be 4.6 not 5.0 and im sure with a good driver the 05 would do the quarter in 13.0 at least. so yes i do think they are biased!

·
Registered
153 Posts
At least the Motor trend test car had the pedal spacing adjusted for proper heel-toe braking and the dead pedal, unlike the '05 C & D tested.
As for the 0-60 and the 1/4 mile, I think they just couldn't get the launch right(wheelspin) or perhaps it was tested with TCS on.
Can you really effectively use 50 more horsepower through the stock "400 Treadwear" rated tires???? Try Eagle F-1's or GS-C's like my old Z-28 or maybe even wider tires. I know my '04 will break rolling traction in first or second gear on all but ideal road surfaces. :cool

1 - 18 of 18 Posts