Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my February Motortrend which they called "The Power Issue." It has a head to head between the GTO, Cadillac CTS-V and the Chrysler SRT-8. Some quotes from the article are "the GTO sounds like a V-8 echo from the 1960's remastered in Dolby Digital surround." " At last, muscle mavens, Pontiac has got your Goat." Of course the GTO came in 3rd, but look at the competition. :cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
GTO finally a good article

undefinedundefinedundefinedI thought the motor trend article finally had a lot of good tthangs to say --The GTO sells for at least $15,000 less than these cars but was very close in all tests especially the figure 8 testcudos to this magazine for being less biased the that other Car magazine. thanks DE

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
david e. said:
undefinedundefinedundefinedI thought the motor trend article finally had a lot of good tthangs to say --The GTO sells for at least $15,000 less than these cars but was very close in all tests especially the figure 8 testcudos to this magazine for being less biased the that other Car magazine. thanks DE
And they were both sedans. I liked that MT didn't even consider the GTO in the same category as the 'stang. :agree

·
Registered
194 Posts
TexasRealtor said:
I liked that MT didn't even consider the GTO in the same category as the 'stang. :agree
Because it isn't and never will be. Pony Car < Muscle Car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Talk about a car that ain't selling!

The Crossfire has bombed! You thing you can get get a 04 GTO for a steal, check out the deals on Crossfires! My wife almost bought one. They are not pratical. Very poor ride also. The SR-T 8 , Had'nt even seen one on the lot here yet. For that kinda money I'd buy the Vette :rolleyes:

·
Registered
386 Posts
WS6Vert said:
The Crossfire has bombed! You thing you can get get a 04 GTO for a steal, check out the deals on Crossfires! My wife almost bought one. They are not pratical. Very poor ride also. The SR-T 8 , Had'nt even seen one on the lot here yet. For that kinda money I'd buy the Vette :rolleyes:
It's a 300C SRT-8 in the article, not a Crossfire. The upper end Crossfire is an SRT-6.

·
Registered
674 Posts
GasTiresandOil said:
Because it isn't and never will be. Pony Car < Muscle Car.
If so, then how come Jim Wangers signed a picture of my 68 firebird with the inscription "its a goat by any name" back around 1980 at the POCI convention?

Don't kid yourself, today Muscle = Pony. Proof will be when the GTO and Camaro are badge engineered twins in 2007.

I wonder how the test results wold have differed if the GTO had the better tires the other two had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts