Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new LATCH seat for the goat. The Latch part is easy.

How the heck are you getting your hand up under the headrest and tightening the tether? Cosco is sending me a different type of tether that is two parts instead of one piece of metal with three holes that the tether snakes through.

I have the Eddie Bauer $80-100 booster seat, I think it is called high back.

Cosco couldnt send me a hook with the buckle mounted on it because they never tested the seat with one of those.

So either I do something they cant recommend as safe, or use what they give me knowing it is not as safe as I think it should be. Scary.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TexasRealtor said:
I have the same problem in my wife's minivan. You just have to pull and wrestle with it until it is tight.
You can't with the GTO. The eye for the tether/anchor is under (yes under, slide it up and see what i mean) the headrest next to the trunk pull.

The tightener for the tether/anchor strap is one piece of metal with three holes in it. the strap goes in, out, and in again. you have to loosen one end, pull the other, then pull it to set the size. If I could hook it in when loose and just pull the bejeebeers out of it until tight I would be fine.

Once I get the tether the right length, I cant get the hook to the eye because my hand is between the baby seat, and the car's seat! I may have to take the buckle from my LATCH mechanism on the seat in my wifes 01 (no latch system) and hook it onto the tether/anchor of the car seat.

Of course i cant return the seat without the box, and I couldnt get the seat in a car with the box! Something to ponder next time you shop for a seat for the GTO.

remember the anchor is on top, and the latch is on the bottom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.