Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you purists are making a face but my minds made up.
Like to hear from anyone that has converted to EFI on their 389 TriPower 65 GTO. My engine is stock.
What brand package you went too opinion of the result etc.and any other comments you may have.

Thanks
TWB

·
Registered
1967 400ci/TH400
95 Posts
I recently put a Holley Sniper EFI on my 1967 GTO / stock 400ci. Works great, drives well, great throttle response. A few things to note - you'll need an electric fuel pump; the Sniper EFI has a built in regulator so no worries there. I bought a new tank with an internal fuel pump from Holley (~$595) some assembly required and you'll need to run new EFI pressure ready fuel hoses. I also had to change the intake manifold; i had the old stock one with 2 smaller holes and 2 larger holes; the Sniper required 4 large holes for full throttle opening. Connections aren't very difficult but you'll need to connect the 02 sensor to your exhaust.....i used a step drill bit which work quite well. Sniper EFI comes with the bracket to connect it. This is my daily driver so wanted something that starts on 1st try. So far so good!

·
Registered
1967 400/400
722 Posts
Butler performance has complete kits, including the fuel tank, with pump and return lines. It's everything that you need. Yes there are cheaper routs, but in the end, you're doing more work and spending the same money. A butler kit will make the job painless and perfect.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I recently put a California Performance Transmission's 200-4R in my '70. Completely changed the car, it's such a nice cruiser now, and much quieter when cruising too. Just be sure to talk to your builder about how hard you want your shifts, my 1-2 shift is very firm, wish I would have asked him to go a little lighter. I think the shift kit he put in is for a race car lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts