Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Which do you have in your 04-06 Goat - 6MT or 4AT?

• I own a 6 speed manual GTO

Votes: 110 74.8%
  • I own a 4 speed auto GTO

Votes: 37 25.2%

• Total voters
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Ok, so I don't have a '04 -'06. But, my '68 has a hurst 4 speed. If you aint bangin' gears you aint havin' fun!

·
Registered
461 Posts
6spd. I wouldn't have bought an automatic unless it was an 06 and under $10K lol. Even then, I wouldn't really be happy about it. I love my gas mileage, my fun factor, my engine control, winding out the gears and banging through them on acceleration. My car LITERALLY puts a smile on my face. LOVE the goat.

·
Registered
380 Posts
A4, with city driving I can't stand to be killing my clutch and pressure plate with all of the unnecessary shifting especially during rush hour

·
Registered
69 Posts
A stock 350HP '69 GTO with a modified TH400 auto. The thing shifts very hard.
I would love to convert it to a 4 speed like my other two GTO's from my past but it wouldn't be cost effective for me.
I have to admit that I love how much torque a Pontiac engine makes. The car leaves 3 feet of rubber going into 2nd gear.

·
Registered
621 Posts
M-6 but it's not my daily driver. Wouldn't want to spend much time in traffic with the six. You can't beat a manual for fun when you're in the mountains but I agree the stock shifter lacks feel. In fact, it's the sloppiest manual I've ever owned and that includes four Mustang GTs, an MGBGT, a Porsche 911 (early era with the long shift handle), an Alpha Romero (pretty damn sloppy), an XKE, and a Fiat 124. Hell, even a 3-speed on-the-floor Toyota Land Cruiser ('74) I owned had more feel than the GTO. All that said, I've never had a car I liked more. I'm just cautious when shifting quickly (rarely) and especially from second to third. If there was a good shop in my town, I'd have the Ripshifter installed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
m6 and only m6

i have a 6 slapper, i feel i have more control driving a manual.:willy:

·
Registered
118 Posts
05 A4 because i launch good 100% of the time, plus i commute in it, my left leg got all buff when i was in my 95 TA going on 2 hour drives, screw that

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
If it was possible to mate up an A6, I would do it in a hearbeat.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts