Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm a few days away from buying one of these bad boys, what are the must do mods that will improve the ride, easy to apply and not cost a arm and a leg. Keeping in mind the car is used as a daily driver.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ridgegoat said:
OK, I'm a few days away from buying one of these bad boys, what are the must do mods that will improve the ride, easy to apply and not cost a arm and a leg. Keeping in mind the car is used as a daily driver.
Turn up the gain on the amp in the trunk. Turn on the stereo, reach around on the outboard side, and on the front of the box you will feel a knob. You will be able to tell which was is max.

Also, buy a non-skid pad for your trunk. It will keep beverage containers from sliding around.

My next mod may be either the skip-shift eliminator or a K&N or other aftermarket filter.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Turn up the gain on the amp in the trunk. Turn on the stereo, reach around on the outboard side, and on the front of the box you will feel a knob. You will be able to tell which was is max.
I had never heard about that (stereo amp), although I read a lot of complaints about the sound system. Thanks, I'll do that first.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just made that mod. Had to do a reach around to find the gain control and turned it up. Very nice sound.

Next will be the K&N dropin. Then I'll think about sway bars. Which ones are good ones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.