Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past few mornings , going to work I have seen a new blue mustang gt. We got caught at a light side by side so he gave a little rev. When the light turned green he was eaten by my pulse red m6. We get caught at another light about 3 blocks down the street. He wasn't happy being eaten so I digested him at the second light. It wasn't even close.:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I posted this in the Kills forum, but I havea Mustang that I had a small run-in with on the freeway. We did 60mph rolls. 3 of them. the first I went to 3rd. Absolutely destroyed him. Second we I went to 4th. Again, destroyed him. 3rd I went to 5th. He pulled about a car...for about 2 seconds, then I realed him in and drove past.

I thought it was going to be faster than that. I was upset that I had messed with my MPG average. I was trying to see how high I could get it. (I am up to 19.6mpg average right now BTW).

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
jacobyb said:
I posted this in the Kills forum, but I havea Mustang that I had a small run-in with on the freeway. We did 60mph rolls. 3 of them. the first I went to 3rd. Absolutely destroyed him. Second we I went to 4th. Again, destroyed him. 3rd I went to 5th. He pulled about a car...for about 2 seconds, then I realed him in and drove past.

I thought it was going to be faster than that. I was upset that I had messed with my MPG average. I was trying to see how high I could get it. (I am up to 19.6mpg average right now BTW).
That basic idea here is Mustangs aren't worth wasting the gas on.

·
Registered
585 Posts
:willy: When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn. Shades of Peter, Paul and Mary. My son ate a Mustang in my GTO, first time he ever went 120, I wasn't with him. He is 27 and drives a Chev. HHR. some change huh?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I sure we'll have a mustang in here saying that the mustang is this or that but straight up (stock for stock) a new mustang GT can't even beat an 04 GTO so why they try the 05 and up versions I have no clue. There is no such thing as a fast N/A ford they all need s/c to keep up with GM sports cars. Even the ford GT has to have a supercharger to reach 550 horsepower while the corvette has a 505 horse n/a motor you'd think ford would get the hint and build a real sports car like they used to:cheersNice kill though

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
smkdu said:
I sure we'll have a mustang in here saying that the mustang is this or that but straight up (stock for stock) a new mustang GT can't even beat an 04 GTO so why they try the 05 and up versions I have no clue. There is no such thing as a fast N/A ford they all need s/c to keep up with GM sports cars. Even the ford GT has to have a supercharger to reach 550 horsepower while the corvette has a 505 horse n/a motor you'd think ford would get the hint and build a real sports car like they used to:cheersNice kill though
Based on some dynos of stock Z06s the horsepower is closer to 520-530. GM definitely underrated them and that makes it even more of a bargain compared to it's competition. Just imagine if GM slammed a supercharger on that LS7:eek: . The price would probably still be under $100K. What a beast that would be!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
jacobyb said:

I've been playing around doing the same thing, seeing how high the mpg can get. It doesn't take much of "gettin' on it" tho to kill 40 or 50 miles of milking it out for mileage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.