Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 Mustang GT vs GTO

Just read some of the posts on the first 3-4 pages. Its pretty bad.

not sure how I even found this link, but it sure does tell you alot about mustang guys and their loyalty to a breed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
sniper,

After reading some of the post on the mustang forum, those guys are giving mustang owners a bad name. I used to own an 04 Mustang GT and by far the GTO is a much better car in my own opinion.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
They seem to have their heads in the sand. The numbers don't lie, but the folks on this forum do. As far as the styling that's just a matter of personal tatse, so I'll let that one go. From what I have read on this forum when we get beat it's admitted and there is no shame in that. Someone will always have a ride faster-quicker than yours. They are just hurting themselves by not dealing with the truth...As far as the ones I have seen in my town; they will not run with me, wonder why? Can't wait to taste some good fried chicken-mic-stang!!! :shutmeGT:shutme

·
Registered
410 Posts
06 Mustang GT vs GTO

not sure how I even found this link, but it sure does tell you alot about mustang guys and their loyalty to a breed.
Viking396 is a total loser while Doodad seems to be pretty cool, I think they are all losers for how they are talking about our cars, I'd like to line up against most of them and hand em there a#%es

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My biggest thing is the non-stock guys on there saying ya I can beat a stock '04 gto, when it obviously is a stock-stock comparison.. Or when the question gets asked "Do you think an 06 mustang gt will beat an 05/06 GTO or SRT8" and a few chime in "YA." like WTF ever dude. I think I've read one kill of an SRT8 on this forum from a stock 06 GTO and we ALL questioned it..

IDK in my town I get the look from mustang guys all the time, and I always race them (with passengers in MY car) and I have yet to lose. I'm bone stock with the 17'' all season tires. And I'm not talking freeway only runs or anything like that. I mean from the light, from a roll, and oddly enough I had one mustang take me on the freeway... :rofl: First one to walk me gets my respect and I mean that. I just don't understand the ignorance for no reason.

Sniper

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
06 Mustang GT vs GTO

All I know is that everytime I ran an 05/06 Gt with my 05 GTO it was a pretty simple race. I ran to the top of first, hit second and watched the GT slide a car and a half back. I hit third and watched the GT slide another car and a half back, hit 4th and walked away fast enough that I was never sure if the guy was still trying.

I never had one closer than 6 cars at the end of a 1/4 mile race. A good 05 and up GT driver would run 13.6-7 and I hit 13.0-13.1. Never was much fun unless they had some mods. I always like to race when there is some question to the outcome.

I will agree that the GTO didn't feel as fast as the GT. I guess they call that refinement. For that matter one of the fastest feeling cars I've ever been in was a Shelby GLH Turbo Omni. That car would scare the pee out of you. Felt like it was doing a 100 at 55 mph. Maybe that's what the author is trying to say, the Mustang isn't nearly as refined as the GTO either.

·
Registered
410 Posts
:agree They are so cocky and they cant handle the truth
:agree that is it, you nailed it, they can't handle the truth and that is why they are so ignorant when the GTO comes up in a conversation, the feel threated and they can't think of what to say, so they decide to say stupid things like yea I can beat GTO.........ha ok sure you can :rofl:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
I can't wait for a mustang to yank on my goats tail, cuz I'm gonna take him to school gentlemen!!! I have been behind atleast three or four 00-04 mustangs, all hooptied up with paint, exhaust, large wings and not yet has one of them tried going over the speed limit while looking in their rear view mirror at my red goat snarling at them!!!:lol: Can't wait for the day, and you know what, if I do get beat by a sleeper mustang, I'll give him one he&% of a race that he wont forget!

·
Registered
289 Posts
You guys think that's bad, you should see some of the things say about other cars. I'm a member over there, and there are some bonafide, dumbass Ford fanboys on that site for sure. Most of the guys are pretty cool and open minded, though.

And there's noone here that can say there's no individual on this site that gives GTO owners a bad name. This site has it's fair share of disillusioned nut swingers just like anywhere else. I'm not dropping names, because they know who they are, and it's not everyone. Sorry, but it had to be said......

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately your right. I think maybe we should all learn from this "extreme" example and shy away from broad biased statements....

but 15s quarters, for a goat? COME ON.. do they really think there cars are the **** or what? :lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, it happens on every forum. Part of the reason why I stopped hanging out at my350Z.com is because there are so many douche bags there. Oh well, life goes on....

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
That was an eye opener and there were those that made some sense.
I've never had a kill with the GTO..yet, nor do I know much of the Mustang GT regarding their stats.

I've driven both the 07 GT and 05 GTO and I can tell you from the feel of the seat of my pants when accelerating, the GTO has it all over the GT. I think Ford does an excellent job of getting every pony out of its 4.6 liter but the GTO has it in power- thats the truth!

·
Registered
289 Posts
^ + 1. I've driven the '05-up GT's on numerous occasions. Manual and auto. Same w/ the LS2 Goats. The GTO is much quicker. And it FEELS MUCH quicker. The new GT's feel weak IMO.....

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
From a post by : 8URWS6 on that forum

"The outcome, I know IMHO that the Mustang GT is the true winner. It feels better, it's more comfortable, it's lighter, and with 80 cubic inches less and 100 hp difference, the Mustang GT does a better job and it is a lot more fun to drive. I feel better now."

Funny, I watched car and driver test both cars, and according to the professionals who gave their opinion, the opposite of what this guys says was translated.

Seriously, what do you expect them to say?

I don't get caught up in it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can't believe what I just read on that forum. Next Mustang I see is gonna get creamed- BAD.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Chrisco - I think most folks here on the forum feel the same(?). Just don't do anything cazzzy man...Don't want to see anymore totaled Goats...Other than that caveate, go smash some faces in. No Mercy!!!---:shutme

I pitty the poor stang that tangles with Beast known as
"THE GOAT" :cool:cheers:cool

I can't believe what I just read on that forum. Next Mustang I see is gonna get creamed- BAD.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts