Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy called me up and he had just gotten his long awaited SS, we went to a street that was deserted and raced a few times, he was pretty sad that my GOAT beat him by a 2 car lengths up 100 and kept pulling. he has the 6 speed auto and i have the a4, i beat him everytime, they really need to come out with that Z28

GTO lingefelter intake, flowmaster exhaust, magnaflow x pipe

Camaro SS magnaflow exhaust

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
oh i see, what did they do different to the a6 that it has 25 hp less?
Slightly different engine for the cylinder deactivation feature.

Based on the drag times on the Camaro 5th gen website, and how new the car was vs. the OPs bolt-ons, it sounds spot-on.

OP: Just thought of this - I assume he wasn't shifting it himself?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe you took him. I raced a G8 GXP the other day with my car terribly heat soaked (90+ deg day,1 1/2 hours of 0-5mph traffic due to multiple accidents, just past the last accident site he comes down the onramp). Ran him multiple times and each time I would slowly pull away- figured if we ran right then and there, I would take him by 2-3 cars in the 1/4 mile (IF he had sticky enough tires to match my launch of course). Good kills! Just remember : once he gets that thing broken you will probably be even.

·
Registered
380 Posts
A true ricer statement. :rolleyes:
:agree Nice kill :cheers and you definitely have a weight advantage over him since the new Camaro is a little oversized. Grant it the Camaro may be rated at 400 or 426hp but I'm a little doubtful that it actually gets that to the wheels. Would like to see an actual dyno run on a stocker to see what they actually put down. As stated ealier, would like to see that race with another mod or 2 plus/or weight reduction.

·
Registered
208 Posts
:agree Nice kill :cheers and you definitely have a weight advantage over him since the new Camaro is a little oversized. Grant it the Camaro may be rated at 400 or 426hp but I'm a little doubtful that it actually gets that to the wheels. Would like to see an actual dyno run on a stocker to see what they actually put down. As stated ealier, would like to see that race with another mod or 2 plus/or weight reduction.
Since when is the rated hp suppose to be the rwhp!? :rolleyes: Here are some videos to prove you wrong. ;) And yes all of these are bone stock Camaro SS's.

352rwhp = approx. 414 flywheel hp and 354rwtq = appox. 416 flywheel tq.

358rwph = approx. 421 flywheel hp and 355rwtq = approx. 417 flywheel tq.

366rwhp = approx. 430 flywheel hp and 372rwtq = approx. 437 flywheel tq.

373rwhp = approx. 438 flywheel hp and 369rwtq = approx. 434 flywheel tq.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I didn't take time to watch all the videos. Dyno videos are to dull. But are the cars in the videos autos or manuals? The numbers seam right for the manual models, a little high for the auto transmissions in the last two videos.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts