Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had this car since high school. Which for me is about 10 years. My plan is to do a pro touring style car with minimal mods that would be hard difficult to reverse. Im not a super savvy with loading photos so we will see how this goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car was originally a tiger gold with a beige top with black interior. Dont know why the guy I bought it from special ordered that combo but what ever. The top was pitted and had the drip rails rotted. Also the sail panels were corroded. I found a donor roof and sail panels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:eek: the rear filler was replaced also. The trunk hinges were sprung so badly that the deck lid over hung the filler by a half inch. Once I got them rolled out the deck lid still sat 1/4 inch above the filler panel. You can see the difference in the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was a huge relief to have all my sheet metal bolted up and fitting. I ordered a set of hood hinges from opgi due to mine being rusted. I had tried to soak them in evaporust and pb blaster with no luck. Great sturdy hinges as far as im concerned.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the lack of detailed photos. Im a one man show and work instead of taking a picture after every tack weld. The filler is very thin. On the sail panels I made filler pieces for the seam. Most of the filler on the car is from waves in the panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pulled my body off the frame. Sandblasted the frame and bottom side of the car. The underside of the car I shot some epoxy on it and then undercoated it with 3m body schutz. Cars are made to drive not cruise around on a trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had purchased hotchkis suspension for the car but sold it for Detroit Speed. I got the base coilover kit due to the fact that the car is mostly going to be street driven with occasional track use. Im waiting to order my front brakes to get this thing rolling so I can install my rear kit.

Attachments

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
That is going to be one nice 65 when you are done!

Thanks for posting pics of your progress. What are your engine plans?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
very nice work Anthony, I like the clean look without the drip rails. I'm sure you wont be driving it in the rain so there should be no problems with excessive water running down the glass into the doors. That Detroit speed is nice stuff.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts