Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought Id show off my project and see what you guys think. Its a 1966 GTO, black on black 4 speed AC car. It is a frame off restoration, the car has been acid dipped even though it was a rust free Oaklahoma car and all the body work has been done, Its all GM sheet metal except the hood. The suspension has been completely rebuilt with polyurethane bushings, 4 wheel disc brakes, koni shocks, and a 2 inch lowering kit. Im also having a 400 built for it. We should be ready to paint it in the next week or so. This is a family project that me, my dad, and my grandpa are doing and so far its been a lot of fun. :party:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very nice. Great they have the hoods available to you. Was the fit ok? Are you painting back to original color?

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Just thought Id show off my project and see what you guys think. Its a 1966 GTO, black on black 4 speed AC car. It is a frame off restoration, the car has been acid dipped even though it was a rust free Oaklahoma car and all the body work has been done, Its all GM sheet metal except the hood. The suspension has been completely rebuilt with polyurethane bushings, 4 wheel disc brakes, koni shocks, and a 2 inch lowering kit. Im also having a 400 built for it. We should be ready to paint it in the next week or so. This is a family project that me, my dad, and my grandpa are doing and so far its been a lot of fun. :party:

VERY Nice !!!! :agree

Keep us posted.

Bear

·
Registered
178 Posts
Look great. Sound like you going in a good derection. I just hope some day i can get one of mine to look that good

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey Shane, sorry if you've already answered this question before, but are you a single stage guy or a BC/CC guy? That blue paint job there has got me drooling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts