Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. I wanted to share my latest project with forum.

So a little history I purchased this 1969 GTO about 6 months ago and wanted to redo allot of the interior and exterior. As well as clean up a WHOLE bunch of BS from previous owners.

So initial Pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So 1st horrible news was the rear 68 bumper that the past owner thought hew could seal with foam?????

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The goal was to get the interior out strip off every panel weather strip and drive it to the painters

Old Engine Bay, with a customer coolant overflow

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taking apart the heater box I found a rat that looks like he had been there for a while

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here she is with the new hood ready to drive to the body shop

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Hey, um.... do you have a 68 rear bumper and nose on that "69 GTO"? I could'nt tell from the interior shots because the dash is out, but I see 69 side markers, front valence and doors.

Looks like a lot of work but you sure look like you're knocking it out! :cheers

What's the final color going to be?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Man that's an odd bird, 69 with a 68 rear bumper, front valence and seats. Looks like someone married two different year GTO's. What are the first 6 digits of the VIN tag? What engine does it have?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whoa! you got my old car, you didn't like my expanding foam bumper mod? :rofl:

Looking good man!
:lol:

I see that this car does not have interior braces by the doors. I know my 70 and 70 Chevelles have these braces that weld to the floor pan and to the rear inner quarter panel behind where the door shuts.

Was this only a production for the 70-72s?
I personally have no idea. I don't even have teh shop manual for this car.

Hey, um.... do you have a 68 rear bumper and nose on that "69 GTO"? I could'nt tell from the interior shots because the dash is out, but I see 69 side markers, front valence and doors.

Looks like a lot of work but you sure look like you're knocking it out! :cheers

What's the final color going to be?

I'm thinking Dark Dark Grey with Mat Black Stripes. but I'm open to suggestions. right now were still on body work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 - 20 of 83 Posts