Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again.

Long time no update.. 1st of all. If you're very critical about engine swaps into old Pontiacs and cant say anything nice than please do not comment. And if you do I'll make my case as to why I chose this engine over original. ;)

Anywho, I've did some things to my car since my last update. Got the old 326(so not original) engine out and got my new 385 stroker engine in. Also painted the grills a close to original silver color. Looks a lot better I'd say.

I've already gotten it running a few times, sounds very good. Just need to finish up some things like get the radiator back in and figure out what kind of bracket to get for the alternator. Gotta get some wires either done away with or cleaned up and etc.

Ok and now pics. :)

Those are the wires I gotta clean up. It's a mess. Gonna go over some schematics Eric Animal gave me. (thanks mang) Those are roller tip rockers too btw. :)

Added the good ole gauge set.

I have a quick vid here if you got facebook, lol. : http://www.facebook.com/Hot.Rod7762

And yeah my car is still in less than showroom shape. It needs a lot of work still to be a show winner. But its gonna be fun putting it all together. Cant wait to drive it! :)

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Nice! Hopefully your new motor will give you years of trouble free service and enjoyment. Are you planning on hooking the AC back up? Where did you source the engine or did you build it yourself? Details man, details!

I really like the grills also, completely changes the look of the car....for the better. And I liked it before.....

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I guess all the "purists" are too good to comment on a nice car.

Welcome to the "heretics club", Crusty and I are apparently the founding members.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it looks good and considering I may have a 455 in my 68 I am not going to be able to afford purity any time soon.

Purity is for the trailer queen I want to drive...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Hopefully your new motor will give you years of trouble free service and enjoyment. Are you planning on hooking the AC back up? Where did you source the engine or did you build it yourself? Details man, details!

I really like the grills also, completely changes the look of the car....for the better. And I liked it before.....
I got the short block from an engine shop. What they call a "Claimer" motor meant for race cars. 1900$ for the entire 385 uhm I mean just a 350 shortblock reman'd and balanced. What details ya want? ;)

Ac probly not.. At least not now.
nice job and I second the grills look great
Thanks mang. :)

I guess all the "purists" are too good to comment on a nice car.

Welcome to the "heretics club", Crusty and I are apparently the founding members.
Thanks for the invite to the club. Lol

Yeah it is what it is. I've been nothing but nice to all the oem spec cars here cause I like them too but this is just the route I'd rather went with and since my car wasn't close to original anyway I went with what I could afford and get the best numbers out of and have fun with it.

I think it looks good and considering I may have a 455 in my 68 I am not going to be able to afford purity any time soon.

Purity is for the trailer queen I want to drive...
Indeed! Thanks for the kind words guys. It's been fun to drive so far even with 2:73 gears! And a carb that isn't opening all the way cause of the throttle cable.

Btw, is that something that has to be swapped for a chevelle part?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And healthy right? That poor 326 just has seen better days and was poorly put together.

Leaked everything and everywhere, was stock with a single plane tqr intake and the same 2:73 gear still in it.. Wow it was so slow. Compared to now? Lol huge difference. :D

·
Registered
711 Posts
I guess I'm a heretic... I've never been fond of Ford products (I never had a choice, as my dad was a factory trained Chevy guy before I was born), but I'm good with anything GM. The small block is a great and inexpensive way to make power. You won't find me bashing. The car looks good!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New pics. :)

Gonna eventually clean up the rest of the engine bay but I'm very pleased with the results. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts