Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all about a year ago My father and me purchased a unmolested 1970 gto from a guy going through a divorce. here are some progress pictures to date of how this project is going. These are from the day we picked the car up. as you can see A very Lucky Find...LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about previous post.

I hope no ones pissed about the no rust on the car. I guess sometimes we get lucky and are in the right place at the right time. Believe me I could not believe it when Dad called me and said you have to go look at this car...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
motor is back

sent to 455 block that was with car out to be reworked and this is what we received back. im not much into the whole gear head talk. but I did tell the fella that built it I wanted One Bad ass Motor that folks new I was coming down the road. I do know he stroked it to 476 and he said it should have just under ??? with pump gas 10.1 compression and about ??? ft torque. full Eidelbrock top end. Quick Fuel Card. that is about all the motor talk I know. But good thing dad Speaks greek cause him and the guy that built the motor had a great conversation.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now Is the Fun part

Picking a Color other than Red. I hate Red. Black is nice. The wife wanted a blue car. I thought about it and thought how dark of a blue can we find with out it being purple looking. so I venture out to find the darkest blue without it being purple.... Not very easy. so I think I bought ten samples at about 20.00 a piece. and nothing. so I talk to a painter friend of mine and tell him what color I want and don't want he say got get this sample and I will spray it for you. Now mind you this guy tells me to get a sample of a audi tt color. I think to myself maybe this guy don't really know what I'm after.. right. Well I Could not have been more wrong with that thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not Little Boy Blue

Had to buy the old girl new Shoes the over sized brake would not fit the old wheels. still waiting on new rear wheels to show up. 17x8 up front with nitto neo-gen tires and 18x 9 in the rear with nitto nto1 drag radial tires

Attachments

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Great build! Loving the pics so far.....

On your color.....looks pretty close to atoll blue, factory color for 70. Of course hard to tell from pics....very nice none the less.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts