Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been trolling for a couple of weeks but I finally decided to post. I buy a new car about every 8 months and I just got my black on black 6M 05 GTO w/18"s last weekend. I LOVE IT! This is my first manual I have ever owned but I knew I needed it. I had the factory alarm and Lojack installed, as well as my windows tinted by the dealer on Friday. I just missed my 99 Camaro SS too much (even though it was an auto). My latest car was an 04 GTP (and an 03 4runner V8 Limited 4x4 w/navi).

Anyways, I'm just breaking her in slowly but I've already been researcing mods- mainly intake, headers, and exaust, as well as a Navi head unit. It seems that most web sits don't have much to offer for the 05's yet...

Cheers! :cheers

-Ash

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waders said:
Hey Ash, Congrats on your new GTO. Please tell us more about these 18's. Are they stock? Pontiac has listed this option for a while now, but Ive never seen them....

Waders
Yes, they are listed on the sticker as a $500 option. Here are some pics of the car before I had the windows tinted.

http://public.fotki.com/Ashburner/new_gto/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Waders said:
I agree, those look sweet :cheers ! So where has Pontiac been hiding these?

Waders :agree
I actually agreed to buy a totally different car (impulse blue with blue leather) but they couldn't locate it. The dealer trucked in this Black one with .7 miles on it striaght from CA. She said it was the first one they had seen with factory 18"s and I just loved them!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ashburner said:
I actually agreed to buy a totally different car (impulse blue with blue leather) but they couldn't locate it. The dealer trucked in this Black one with .7 miles on it striaght from CA. She said it was the first one they had seen with factory 18"s and I just loved them!
Sweet setup Ash! :cheers

Those 18's look like they fill up the wheelwell a bit more. You lucky Dog, I think you must be a member of a very select group of Goat herders :cool :cool :cool . This is the first set of pics (besides Pontiac literature) that I have seen. Anyone else?

Waders :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
My question though is are they too large for the wheel well? I want them no doubt, but I know a lot of guys with different brand 18" and especially 19" wheels have had problems with the wheels hitting the body of the car from being too big. If pontiac though somehow has them fitting better because they're made specifically for the goat that would be seriously sweet!

Let us know what you think about the whole spacing issure for the wheels please.

·
Registered
9 Posts
RiceEater said:
My question though is are they too large for the wheel well? I want them no doubt, but I know a lot of guys with different brand 18" and especially 19" wheels have had problems with the wheels hitting the body of the car from being too big. If pontiac though somehow has them fitting better because they're made specifically for the goat that would be seriously sweet!

Let us know what you think about the whole spacing issure for the wheels please.
If it holds true...A $500 option well spent. We'll see...

waders :agree

·
Registered
364 Posts
Waders said:
Sweet setup Ash! :cheers

Those 18's look like they fill up the wheelwell a bit more. You lucky Dog, I think you must be a member of a very select group of Goat herders :cool :cool :cool . This is the first set of pics (besides Pontiac literature) that I have seen. Anyone else?

Waders :)
NICE
:agree :party:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.