Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonder if this is the highest first ticket anyone has gotten in there gto
i got cloked at 101 in a 70 mph zone.
side note. the cops car started on fire while giving me my ticket too was so funny. all in all it will cost me $385.50 and 4 points

·
Registered
910 Posts
05 goatman said:
side note. the cops car started on fire while giving me my ticket too was so funny. all in all it will cost me $385.50 and 4 points
Be grateful......In NY a speeding ticket thats 20 mph or more over the limit is subject to license suspension, unless ya get it reduced.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
05 goatman said:

thats jail time here. 30 mph over. I was caught doing well over the posted speed limit;) and the cop turned out to be one cool dude.

Lets just say I was going all out and I was in 5th gear. He was stopped in the median. I could have ran, but I have three kids and figured I should be responsible and pull over. I got out walked to the back and waited. Took him a while to finally catch up.

He called in a Cavalier!!!!! A CAVALIER!!!!! going over 140!!!!!!!

I actually laughed at that and called him a punk playfully. Its a real funny and long story. I have it posted somewhere here back a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
n00bs. :D

I've had four speeding tickets since I've owned the Holden...it's part of the game when you drive as much as I do...though it may be a function of a screaming yellow car with rallye stripes as well. :lol:

Only had to pay on one, however...the others were beat by using Trial by Declaration and one by the officer not showing in court. :seeya:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Groucho said:

I've had four speeding tickets since I've owned the Holden...it's part of the game when you drive as much as I do...though it may be a function of a screaming yellow car with rallye stripes as well. :lol:

Only had to pay on one, however...the others were beat by using Trial by Declaration and one by the officer not showing in court. :seeya:
Groucho, You are one of the few that hold that up on the mantle. HAHAHA!!!!

Hell yeah ticket lawyers around here work amazing results with unwarranted infractions.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Groucho said:

If you plead Trial by Declaration, do you have to post bail? Is that a set amount or recommended by the judge?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Groucho said:
Geez, I got one ticket in my old car over a year ago -- and am still fighting it. Unfortunately, the cop is from a really small town where there is absolutely NOTHING else for him to do. Next trial is in a month. Sigh. Went to http://www.helpigotaticket.com -- and George has been pretty awesome to deal with.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Geez, I got one ticket in my old car over a year ago -- and am still fighting it. Unfortunately, the cop is from a really small town where there is absolutely NOTHING else for him to do. Next trial is in a month. Sigh. Went to http://www.helpigotaticket.com -- and George has been pretty awesome to deal with.
Yup. That site is my savior. :cheers

In fact, I think I turned you on to it...:D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Get an attorney.........will cost you about $500 but he'll get it reduced to a non-moving violation, no points, etc. Well worth it IMO..........

JET

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got nailed here in NY for doing 75 in a 55 on the LIE in the HOV lane in my friends red hot Infiniti RX45.Plan on getting a lawyer and hopefully getting the ticket knocked down to a non mover.My first moving violation in 25 years.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I sawe something on the news last night about some police dept starting to use machines that monitor speed,take pictures of speeders licence plate and mail you a ticket.........just like the red light ones
I think a good lawyer could get one dismissed but it looks like this may be the wave of the future......:confused

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.