Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Enjoyed my first time on the Road Course(Willow Springs International Raceway), the Goat did well. I had some problems with the clutch after the checkerd flag dropped turns 1 and 2 on one of my stints. I couldn't get it into gear had the clutch in and just wouldn't go. Maybe the cluch fluid got hot?? Time got better during the day, still getting use to the track and car. My times got better as the day went the first time out with an instructor my time was 2:34, then 2:17, 2:13, 2:11 and final run of 2:08.537. I didn't push it that hard it felt like it had more in it, maybe I could have got in the 2:00-2:05. Quite of bit of body roll, time for suspension upgrade. I may have hit 108mph on the back stright and 117-120mph on the front stright not really paying attention to the speedo. I had fun running away from an M3(previous model before the current one) in the stright. Car felt stable and planted going around the bends and "high speeds". I'm going to do this more often alot of fun and good people. Take advantage if you have a road course near you.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Good job Justin, looks like you had lots of fun out there! :cheers

Perfect weather for racing. I miss Willow Springs.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hats off to you for “getting out there” and running your GTO!!! Looks like a blast.

The folks here in NorCal. That run Thunder Hill have had issues with clutches and fried brake fluid, you’re not alone…

Good Job Man!!!…:D

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good job Justin, looks like you had lots of fun out there! :cheers

Perfect weather for racing. I miss Willow Springs.
Thanks all had lots of fun.

The weather kinda suckd at Willow, you can't see it in the video it was raining in some parts, and it was cold. You should come out one time it was just me and another modded GTO there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is pretty awesome. Good for you for getting out there. Any particular cars that day that impressed or surprised you? Besides that SC'd SRT-8, of course!

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is pretty awesome. Good for you for getting out there. Any particular cars that day that impressed or surprised you? Besides that SC'd SRT-8, of course!
When they say the BMW is the Ultimate Driving Machine they mean that, I can pull on them in the strights but when it came to the corners they would eat me up. Part of it I was babying the car too but still. Other cars where the Vettes, SRT4's that surprised me. Alot of cars out there that I didn't see because I was doing other stuff. I'm ready to push harder the next time I go out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts