Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Every goat I hear with some Spintech mufflers makes me that much closer to getting a set. Great sound! :cheers I'm running muffler-less right now, on the stock cat-back. Which ones did you get?

·
Registered
82 Posts
hello , i heard your clips, sounds great , how bad would that start be at 5 am if i babied it out of the neighborhood, it wouldnt be much different then stock would it, its hard to get how loud it is unless u really are standing there thanks i would love to get that set up o yea were did you purchase and was the install difficult thanks again

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:cool
hello , i heard your clips, sounds great , how bad would that start be at 5 am if i babied it out of the neighborhood, it wouldnt be much different then stock would it, its hard to get how loud it is unless u really are standing there thanks i would love to get that set up o yea were did you purchase and was the install difficult thanks again
You won't sneak anywhere with my current setup. It's loud. I'll get an SPL reading tomorrow sometime if I think about it. Maybe some more video from across the road.

It's quite a bit louder than it was with just LT's and the Spintech. I haven't had any problems with the neighbors but the only neighbor I really would worry about is across the road and he's pretty cool.

After things warm up it smooths out some and you can kinda creep down the road without waking the dead.

I bought all the stuff from Bob at Precision Motorsports (http://www.pm-fl.com) and they did the install as well. Call Bob up and talk to him, he'll do you right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice numbers on N/A. add a maggie to that setup and you will have your self a zo6 killer
My cam isn't a good FI cam though. I think if I was going to do a maggie I'd want a 122 which apparently hasn't hit the market fully just yet.

I'd love to have an APS twin turbo setup but I don't have that kind of coin.

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey if i just got the headers and spintech would my neighbors have heart failure? i know the cam is insane i need a beater car before i do the cam hey any feedback on the headers and spintech would be helpful thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
FWIW,

I just pulled the car out of the garage and did an impromptu sound level check....standing about 45deg off the left rear corner at about 6-7ft

C-weighting, slow response

Idle right after startup = ~94dB

Db Example

0 Faintest sound heard by human ear
30 Whisper, quiet library
60 Normal conversation, sewing machine, typewriter
90 Lawnmower, shop tools, truck traffic (8 h/day is the maximum exposure without protection†)
100 Chainsaw, pneumatic drill, snowmobile (2 h/day is the maximum exposure without protection)
115 Sandblasting, loud rock concert, automobile horn (15 min/day is the maximum exposure without protection)
140 Gun muzzle blast, jet engine (noise causes pain and even brief exposure injures unprotected ears; injury may occur even with hearing protectors)
180 Rocket launching pad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts