Pontiac GTO Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Flickr upload test.....seems to work fine.....

Regarding the earlier Photobucket images.....were they also fuzzy/out of focus? Why do they do it like that?.?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
How do you upload video to this forum?? I have a short video of the engine running......
I don't think you can upload a video directly to the forum. I believe other members upload the video to YouTube and then add a link from the forum to the YouTube video. I am not too good with this kinda thing. There may be other hosts other than YouTube?

Car is looking good and you are moving right along. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks...yes of course..upload through the `Tube.....carb totally rebuilt, oil/filter changed twice(first time with mystery oil treatment), plugs, coil, rotor, wires, d-cap, condenser,,,,,all changed. Oil pressure is healthy 50psi at idle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
55000 miles or so. Sadly the original engine is long gone. I actually tried to find it, based on some knowledge from the former owner. No luck.
The engine is a period correct 68 WZ code. The former owner said something about `warranty replacement unit`...I am just happy its a real 400\4sp, high comp engine....and it puuuurrrs! Some shots.......

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Left fender patched up and anti-rusted. During cutting of the rear left quarter/trunk area....check out what we found! Hehehehe...good times the 70`s!,!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Just remember if the compression is above 9.5 you will have to have a source for 103-110 octane Torco to keep it from spark knocking itself to death. Other option is to have ports opened up or custom pistons. High compression cast iron head pontiacs dont like the swill they pass of for gasoline these days.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Gotcha! Here in Denmark in my home town, they sell 100octane(highest possible). Add booster.....for a slightly higher octane number.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Left side is almost done now. Outer wheel house test fitted, cut and welded in....soon quarter goes on....

Attachments

21 - 40 of 76 Posts