Pontiac GTO Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bumper??

I see you are making progress, I have a 1970 convertible GTO and just need a endura front bumper. Any available??
appreciate any help.

thanks Jerry

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Looks like some great progress! I'm not on here terribly often these days but drop me a PM if there's anything I can help with as you move forward! -Andy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I have started to put together my hideaway lights. I bought the ful (new)l kit at Parts Place.

After putting together the lights...it seems the hideaway doors ride very `hard`......can this be adjusted or `lubed`. I am not sure the vacuum system will be able to operate the system.....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
The right side quarter also gets fitted today. Paint soon! Yey!
Great job! You are really moving along on your project.

Did you have any issues using the hardtop quarter panels on the convertible? This question has come up several times as we know the contour between the two types of panels is supposed to be different? Is splicing them as you did the answer so that they can be used?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The HT quarter does fit, but yes, you need to `massage` it a bit. We left as much of the upper original quarter panel as possible. When we get it welded in.....I will send pictures....

·
Registered
36 Posts
The HT quarter does fit, but yes, you need to `massage` it a bit. We left as much of the upper original quarter panel as possible. When we get it welded in.....I will send pictures....
I too have this question. My driver side quarter (68 conv GTO too) may need replacement when i get around to body and paint. Depends on how good the body man i pick is with a dolly. Money ran out after mechanical side of resto so it has to wait. Please let us know!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
When the last few corrections and welds have been made, we move to do a body-lift so the frame/chassis can be media blasted and painted/treated. New body bushings, brake lines, fuel lines and paint(verdoro green metallic) follow. Engine will also be taken out and painted. Should be good!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
My GTO project is moving along. New passenger side door was a real pain to fit. It was an AMD door. It needed major ‘massaging’ in order to fit acceptably. Last fender patch also welded in. Just a couple of patches on the rear and in the trunk to go....then body lift and blasting of frame.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 68 Posts