Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this might be a long post but its a long story. i got my gto from my father when he passed on this year it was our next car project , him and i have built 5 cars . And hes always had a bunch of different cars 88 different ones in his 76 years this was his second gto his first was a plum mist 67 he bought new in late 66 . he had to sell the car in oct 67 because he had had a motor cycle accident which left him with a stiff leg no knee so he couldnt push in the clutch, and he vowed to have one again some day i was 5 when this happened , fast forward to 18 years ago after years of corvettes , bmws camaros we built my little terror a factory five cobra then we did a 69 camaro for him . and then he found the gto a linden green 67 matching numbers with the dearborn 3 speed he bout it from a pic. we got the car and started the frame off build. after teardown and media blast we started with the chassis and drive train got that to roller and started body work , then the wheels fell off the project my mom had a hemeragic stroke all work stopped that was 5 years ago, she passed one year later from small cell cancer , he bought aa 68 firebird with the intention of it getting our jucies flowing again to finish the goat we did the frame off build go to the point of time for paint which was this spring , we were starting assembly for gaps and primer is when i lost him to a stroke , it was the hardest thing ive ever had to do was to empty our shop we designed it and built it together and built so
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Bicycle accessory Road surface Wood Bicycle part Asphalt

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Plant

me beautiful cars ill always have that memory had
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Table Automotive exterior

hope to continue his dream and finish the GTO

· Registered
1,502 Posts
This is a great story. I'm sure as you work through the GTO project, it will feel like your dad is right there with you. Losing your parents is really hard. Remembering the good times is not and it sounds like you have a boat load of memories that associate cars with your dad. Thanks for sharing this!

Side note: I was strongly considering a Factory 5 kit before I bought the LeMans I have now. I had the Daytona Coupe spec'ed out and ready to go and just could not justify the cost at the time. While I love my Pontiac there is a part of me that regrets not pulling the trigger on the FF kit.

· Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Great cars and memories, sorry your parents aren't around to enjoy them...I have lost only my father in law but I got to take him for a ride in my '65 right after I got it and I missed a shift, he laughed his ass off at me :D Also my '65 is painted '67 Linden Green Ird by the previous owner and I love it along with everyone at the shows...it's staying like that. Welcome and good luck with your project, look forward to the progress, you're in the right place for help here (y)

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for your kind words , and yes the ffr is a animal 1800 lbs 350 hp , i will be posting more pics of the build from the time of delivery through tear down till where we left off

· Registered
67 2dr HT rustbucket
125 Posts
Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your story. Sorry for your loss. Wish my dad had been around to see the completion of my first project. He wasn't mechanically inclined but he liked cars. He lived in the Daytona, FL area and we got to attend The Turkey Run together before he passed. Good memories. Looking forward to seeing more of your build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts