Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all!
I just bought a yellow 2005 GTO w/ 6-speed.
Before my GTO I drove Pontiac Fieros. Still own an 88GT, which I'll probably be parting out to cover some of my GTO payments. :p
So far I'm very, very happy with it. I've had it less then a week and already got people rubbernecking and drooling over it wherever I go.
Crappy Pictures

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
noz34me said:
Welcome; you must be encountering quite a difference behind the wheel.
Yes, quite a bit. The power, obviously. Going from ~180hp to 400 is a big jump. A lot more refinement and amenities in the new car. More polish. The handling surprised me too. I was expecting the GTO to be a lot looser in the corners then it is. It's not as tight as the Fiero was, but it's not too far behind at least with how much time I've been playing with it. I figure some upgraded anti-roll bars and some other minor upgrades should bring it up to par, and perhaps surpass it. I'm open to suggestions. :) At least I don't have to worry about working around a solid rear axle like some other cars have. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
I was cruising behind a yellow 04 this weekend. After a few turn's I pulled next to him and said 'Hey, nice car". We both smiled and drove away. Yellow is a definate attention grabber!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I love my yellow '04, welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thony216 said:
Welcome to you both!
I always liked the looks of the Fiero GTs. Hope you were kidding about parting it out.
Well, I would sell it outright but it has some frame damage. Nothing that bothered me, but enough to make it worthless to sell. Then again, if someone has an '88 coupe frame and buys mine, they could swap everything over in a couple of weekends and have an 88gt + upgrades. Still not a show car though. I'm not in a rush. Maybe I'll just hold onto it for the future. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.