Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the ONE day I let him drive my car. I had to drive is Cherokee in for service and being that I am the nice dad who lets his son drive the goat to school....u know....so he can be a bad a$$ for a day. hmmm... He is a senoir (19yo)about to graduate and everything...as a matter a fact he JUST got a reduction in his insurance because he has proven to be a safe driver for 3 years! 75 mph in a 45! Only $'s will keep him fron loosing his license.

By the way....the deputy was driving an umarked Magnum...he says to my Kid "this your car son" with a grin on his face. Was not a good day yesterday.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, I had to set the o/s beep at 55 for my wife as she was doing 55-60 in 45's all the time and bound to get a ticket soon.
The max speed limit between home and work is 45. I first set it to 50 but she complained that it was always going off. The GTO is so quick and quiet that it's probably not entirely his fault.

P.S. I stopped calling my son "kid" when he turned 16. Also, he was about 4 inches taller and weighed about 50 pounds more than me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P.S. I stopped calling my son "kid" when he turned 16. Also, he was about 4 inches taller and weighed about 50 pounds more than me.

I suppose you have a point there. He will be earning the money to pay for it, like any other man.

·
Registered
27 Posts
GTOtbird said:

I have about 6 inches on my dad. Every now and then I slap him around and shout "I'm da Juggernaut, B*tch!"

...jk, but it is kinda cool :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
ForsakenNoob said:
I have about 6 inches on my dad. Every now and then I slap him around and shout "I'm da Juggernaut, B*tch!"

...jk, but it is kinda cool :D

Ha ha, that was a good movie.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That is the one thing about driving a gto and being young. Every cop will find a reason to pull you over. I'm still the proud owner of a "accelerating too quickly from a light" ticket. Dumbest thing i've ever heard. I have to go to court on the 7th for it. I had traction control on and everything, i did like 0-55 in about 9 seconds and still got pulled over.

·
Registered
455 Posts
pbmaniac2000 said:
That is the one thing about driving a gto and being young. Every cop will find a reason to pull you over. I'm still the proud owner of a "accelerating too quickly from a light" ticket. Dumbest thing i've ever heard. I have to go to court on the 7th for it. I had traction control on and everything, i did like 0-55 in about 9 seconds and still got pulled over.
*Boggle* This is dumb.

I would think that they would have to define "too quickly". Otherwise, it is very open to personal opinion and interpretation.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If he wants to get off, get a lawyer. Probably about $450 in NC. He will have the case continued until he gets a favorable judge and get it reduced to improper equipment or something similar. Happens all of the time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Clueless said:
*Boggle* This is dumb.

I would think that they would have to define "too quickly". Otherwise, it is very open to personal opinion and interpretation.
My thought exactly. I was talking with my lawyer and he said it should be easy to beat. They also but my right birthdate on there but put my age as 21(I'm 18) so they should also help get it dismissed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
JWCACE said:
on the ONE day I let him drive my car. I had to drive is Cherokee in for service and being that I am the nice dad who lets his son drive the goat to school....u know....so he can be a bad a$$ for a day. hmmm... He is a senoir (19yo)about to graduate and everything...as a matter a fact he JUST got a reduction in his insurance because he has proven to be a safe driver for 3 years! 75 mph in a 45! Only $'s will keep him fron loosing his license.

By the way....the deputy was driving an umarked Magnum...he says to my Kid "this your car son" with a grin on his face. Was not a good day yesterday.

Its the sneaky bastards in the unmarked cars that always get you :mad:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Did he ask the cop "That thing got a Hemi?" Anyway, kids will be kids(Ok 19 is not a kid, but close). If I was driving a GTO when I was that age, I'd drive it the same way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts