Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No its not a new car but it is new to me. I picked up a 2005 CTS-V. I always liked these cars. I had no intention on buying one, but the wife knew I needed a project car here in the UK. Sorry no pictures yet been pretty busy over here. The car was shipped over less than a year ago from the states the individual didn't want to part with it but he had to(wife). Its in need of TLC but nothing I can't handle. The second owners drove the crap out of it. It has a K&N CAI, no mufflers. Don't sound to bad the cats and resonator is still in place so it's not crazy loud.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Enjoy... its a fun car.

Just keep an eye on for the sub-frame bushings going bad. When I was looking at Vs it seemed like a common issue.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats, nice car for england, just wheel on the wrong side. Love to have one myself. Need any parts, we can ship them to you. Can you still ship APO for free?
Thanks. I always liked these cars, love the look of them. Can't ship to APO for free. I will be trying to find out what parts I can get from the UK, they sold euro Caddys here too. Not V's.
Enjoy... its a fun car.

Just keep an eye on for the sub-frame bushings going bad. When I was looking at Vs it seemed like a common issue.
Thanks. It is a fun car. It weighs about the same as my G8 and GTO but seems lighter. I guess it's mostly in the steering.
The pumpkin bushing was replaced already someone kept the service history. Those were the most problematic. The wheel hop issue was bad in these cars. Won't bother me to much because I'm not drag racing.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Mmmmm.....V- power, me like :D. I have a sick facination with the CTSV wagon. I want one so bad, but my check book won't allow it.....just yet. I may do like you and wait a few years until they are in my price range.

·
Registered
727 Posts
You're gonna love that car.
I leased one for 2 years...absolutely hated to give it back.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lakenhell. Have a great time there. I was at Bentwaters back in the day. Great area around there, quick trip to London, especially in a V!.
It is still Lakenhell.
You're gonna love that car.
I leased one for 2 years...absolutely hated to give it back.
Its pretty fun to drive. With only 400hp +/- it feels lighter than my GTO and G8. I guess because of the steering. It gets up there too, 3.73 feels so nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts