Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to head out for Dallas last night, got on the highway pushed my cruise button, then turned the set thing down and nothing happened- so i kept messing with it and every once in a while the little "ACTIVE" thing would pop up next the the "CRUISE" but it would just blink and go off.
Anyone heard of this? I tried to think of everything, maybe a brake was stuck on and wouldn't allow the cruise to set- maybe it won't work with the traction controll off- maybe i have a loose connection- Only thing i could find in the manuel was cruise wouldn't set if you where under speeds of 25mph... HELP!

·
Registered
337 Posts
twist backwards not forwards, I did the same thing, it is opposite to other GM products.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Cruise works just fine with the T/C off. I don't use the T/C except when there's standing water on the roads.

If you're pushing the button on the end of the signal stalk inwards toward the column, that's an on/off switch (on most GM products, it's set/coast switch).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm guessing he knows how to use the cruise control. Mine worked fine (even with TC on), but last week mine started doing the exact same thing. The check engine light also came on almost at the same time. I'm taking it to the dealer this week, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the clutch, and the computer thinks it's engaged.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's the deal, I took my car in Yesterday. They said that the cruise control is disabled when the check engine light comes on... it's a safety feature (not sure why). The code that came up was riding the clutch, they reset the switch and my cruise now works. It was that simple!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts