Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hummm, kind of boring but try to get the ball rolling here.

Rear fender lips rolled.
Boyd Coddington Tuned wheels, 18x8, 18x9"
Dunlop SP9000 275 and 245 tires

Custom made, by me, cold air box that appears stock but it's plenty opened up underneath.
K&N air filter
4" cold air tube
Ported and polished throttlebody with bump stop mod
NGK TR55 plugs
Taylor Thundervolt ignition wires.
Pace Z06 MAF no screen
ASP reduction crank pulley

Hoen lighting, all six bulbs

Custom recessed in dashboard Navman/Delphi GPS navigation system with forward looking helicopter view. (Sweet.)
Device to auto lock/unlock doors on key ignition

Trunk cargo net

One of my first CF posts back in 1999 was similar to this and I was laughed off the board. Hoping for a repeat. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tight fit on the 275 rear tires with the GTO. I was one of the early ones so my offset was not right on the money. It was either send the wheels back or roll my rear fenders so I opted for the latter because I was sick of waiting and I liked my new wheels/tires.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Offset is still screwy and not even fully decided yet as to what is guaranteed to work when going from an 8" rear to a 9" wide rear wheel. My rear tires are 275/35/18 and stock is 245/45/17

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scissors said:
When are the neons and big wing going to be added?
If they seriously gave an increase in power I would be all over it. Did you read the older C&D article where they actually did top speed testing on several cars with and without a wing and in every exception but one the cars were slower with the wing on. I think, actually, that I will dig that issue up and make photocopies of that article and stick a copy under the wiper of ever ricer wing car I come across. That is a public service, right?

My GTO has a wing. I wish it didn't. When I get the dough I'm taking it off and having the holes filled in. Hate wings, don't like hood scoops.

Sorry to ramble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm with you. I took the wing off to see how the car looked. I like it better. I will get the holes filled ... including the two small ones left when you remove the rear pontiac emblem.

There is what appears to be a nice lip spoiler available from JHP in Australia - www.jhp.com/au. It is shown in yellow on a gto with other body mods.

·
Registered
51 Posts

That mod makes me feel all warm inside:).

Props on buying some awesome rims!

·
Registered
12 Posts
2tirefire said:

That mod makes me feel all warm inside:).

Props on buying some awesome rims!
are those wheels any lighter? they have a good offset for the GTO + 275mm in rear?

·
Registered
1 Posts
1COOLPC said:

Rear fender lips rolled.

Custom made, by me, cold air box that appears stock but it's plenty opened up underneath.
K&N air filter
4" cold air tube
NGK TR55 plugs
Pace Z06 MAF no screen

Custom recessed in dashboard Navman/Delphi GPS navigation system with forward looking helicopter view. (Sweet.)

Trunk cargo net

One of my first CF posts back in 1999 was similar to this and I was laughed off the board. Hoping for a repeat. :rolleyes:
Add to the list with a Custom Embroidered Underhood Insulator and Trunk Lid Cover along with Custom Embroidered Floor Mats from CAR Motorsports. Color matched to your GTO.

Rich

·
Registered
97 Posts
So far only minor upgrades:

1) HSV GTS 300KW Induction Pipe - left the stock filter since Chipmaster over in Australia didn't find any real difference between it and a K&N;

2) Predator Performance Tune - RWTD is currently working on a revised one for me. If you have an A4 - this is a must;

3) Next weekend the stock air box is being reworked to what the Aussies call a Modified Monaro CAI (basically just adding another 90MM hole so it can breath better);

LS6 Heads, Cam & cat back to follow in late fall

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
1COOLPC said:

Rear fender lips rolled.

K&N air filter
4" cold air tube
NGK TR55 plugs
Pace Z06 MAF no screen

Trunk cargo net

I think it's a good start, you need exhaust.... :cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts