Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...And it just sits outside, unused with a flat tire. :confused

I had no idea what it was until I was doing some Vette re-education on Wikipedia. The description of the paint scheme and wheel package was an exact match - Blue w/ white center stripe, 2 red hashes on the front fenders, & black 5 spoke wheels.

One day it just showed up, like he inherited it or something, but I've never seen it move. I hope he stores it, supposedly they only made 810 coupes.

I should go over there and pester the guy, ask him what the deal is...

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
What's that?
One of GM famous creations that didn't do so well that was a pain in the arse. Its the distributer that was driven off the timing chain, mounted on the front of the engine behind the water pump. And what Silversport said again ment they was not very reliable at times.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Behind the water pump, nice & convenient. I've gotten so spoiled with distributorless... tuneups are so ridiculously easy. :D

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
There's a guy in my town who's sons 67 GTO is rotting in the street for 8+ years now, and Dad won't sell it because it is worth too much, or he wants too much for it. I talked to his car guy neighbor and he told me the story, so I don't know the whole deal, but what a waste. Oh, and it's a southern car in FL.
The Grand Sport would be a great car, if the interior and weatherstripping are still good. Vettes are real pricy to work on, that's why I just "gave" my 86 Vette away. C-4 Vettes are really cheap now, so it may not be worth what you think, or you can't sell it if you did get it.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Behind the water pump, nice & convenient. I've gotten so spoiled with distributorless... tuneups are so ridiculously easy. :D
I know what you mean, I don't know the firing order of my LS1 unless I look it up, but I still remember the old GM V8's firing order.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I know what you mean, I don't know the firing order of my LS1 unless I look it up, but I still remember the old GM V8's firing order.
Firing order on a LS-1? I hook the coil pack above the cylider to the plug, pretty simple... I never even thought about a firing order...

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Firing order on a LS-1? I hook the coil pack above the cylider to the plug, pretty simple... I never even thought about a firing order...
There is a firing order for the LS1 every engine has one. But I didn't know it was that simple, I bought longer plug wires so the coils will reach the otherside of the engine:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just noticed your sig.....(it was off in user cp) your missing a Pontiac ... You needs a G8 :p
I would very much like a G8, and a Solstice GXP coupe... :cool

I was considering selling the Grand Am and getting a G6 GTP with the 3.9 V6 & 6 speed... but its hard to give up a 4 door that can consistently give me 37mpg highway with 150tq. Plus its a BEAST in 8" of virgin snow on a set of Blizzaks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts