Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home a little while ago. Took some quick pics to show off my new ride!

Love this car & love the deal I got!!!

As you can see, I have to charge the battery because the car has been sitting too long on the dealers lot. Almost every GTO I test drove had to be jumped. :confused

I paid $24,500 for this one. Not as great as some have done but it's definitely worth every penny of what I paid.

Last :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good deal. I love my Torrid red as well. I got the red leather with an automatic. I hate the stock wheels though and have been on a search for chromes for six months now. Brian Ewing purchased custom wheels that look like american racing's torque thrust 2's, and I am trying to research is supplier. I'll send pictures and details when I get them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ken191 said:
Good deal. I love my Torrid red as well. I got the red leather with an automatic. I hate the stock wheels though and have been on a search for chromes for six months now. Brian Ewing purchased custom wheels that look like american racing's torque thrust 2's, and I am trying to research is supplier. I'll send pictures and details when I get them.

Ken,

I am taking delivery on my second GTO tonight, pulse red; the dealership installed chrome "stock" wheels on it and asked if I would be interested in purchasing them @ invoice: $1200. I said no but if you are interested I can get them and ship them to you? Let me know before say, noon est standard.

Sean

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey looks great! To make you feel better I bought mine m6 Torrid Red/Red on Dec 4th and paid about 7K more than you. I know I should have waited, but the inventory probably would have been gone as it was the last m6 on the lot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations!

You will love it. Can't beat it for the money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My understanding is you can have the stock wheels chrome plated yourself, at least that's what the dealer did. One dealer had chrome stockers for an extra $2995 (rip-off!) and said they came that way from the factory. A second had chrome stockers for an extra $999 and said they had a shop do them. Another had chrome stockers for $899 and also got them done locally. If they are selling them for 900-1000 done locally you can probably get them done youself for about half that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
congrads!! mine was 24,500 so dont feal bad thats a good price for a 31,000 car as for the wheels just get a set of aftermarket rims for summer, but be careful the low profile tires will kill your rims if you go crazy with 19 or 20 inch wheels,plus they wont hook up as good with no side wall flex[good for road racing terible for drags and everyday driving] :cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats.....just Curious Does Your Car Sit Alot? If So Check On The Battery Tender Plus Over At Pfyc.com. I've Got 1 Hooked To Mine And It Keeps The Car Charged Without Harming The Battery. I Think The Stock Wheels Would Look Great Chromed, But A Couple Of Places I Checked Locally Wanted Right At $1000 And Then You Have To Put Your Car On Jack Stands. So I Went With American Racing Torq Thrust 2's On Mine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No this car is going to be a daily driver unless it snows then I've got an SUV (at least for now) to use.

Also have a '91 Corvette convertible. I'm originally from the corvette forum tha's how I found this site.

Now the Vette sits a lot! I used to use a battery tender till it destroyed a battery & almost my Vette's frame from a leaking battery. The tender obviously didn't shut off & I luckily had to move my car so I found it early enough to prevent any major damage. I just charge the Vette once a month with a regular charger till it clicks on to auto mode. Bout 3 hours or less.

Last :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.