Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a pic I snapped of my new '06 Goat when I picked it up, along with Jamie, my salesperson. (if I get the posting of the picture right) She, along with all the rest of the employees at Auffenberg in Farmington, MO made this the best car buying experience I've ever had.

I think Jamie said I'd get a buck or two for any referral, but I don't really care about that. If you're in the St. Louis area, and want to be treated like a king, I recommend you take the leisurely drive down I-55, then South on 67 to Farmington and contact Jamie.

She's got a '05 A4 with red leather sitting on the lot I'm sure she'd make someone a sweet deal on. It would be mine if I wanted an A4. They also have an orange M6 she let me take out to drive. My daugter and I give that car our "thumbs up". I wanted a M6 black on black, with the 18" wheels, and they had no problems getting me exactly what I wanted.

And the Goat? Ha. I'd much rather be out driving it right now :cool

Gerry

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's cool that you had a good experience. It is worthwhile to pass on the names of places that you have had a pleasant experience with. Someone who is looking to buy and has no knowledge of what dealers are good/bad in the area may be able to use that. And, as much as people complain about a place when they have a bad experience, we should also pass on info about the places we've had good experiences with. :)

Don't forget to turn in your Pontiac survey and let them know that Jamie was good to work with. :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MAXAMOOSE said:
Why Do I Get The Feeling You Work At Boeing
You guessed it!

I also agree with clueless. I'm the sort of person who believes it is just as important to praise good service as bad. Sometimes, it is just a matter of 2 minutes, and a phone call to make someone's day.

When I spend 30k, it's an offer to post a picture on the internet and sing praises. It takes me a while to do the typing, but worth it.

Gerry

·
Registered
195 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good buying experience in St. Louis. At least that makes one of us.

I'll take this opportunity to once again plug the dealer that provided me the WORST experience, Behlmann Pontiac. Long story short they screwed me out of $2500 and refused to correct the matter. Neither did BBB, to whom Behlmann is a "supportor" so it's not in BBB's interest ($) to work against their supporters.

I'll never buy new again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in KC and drove to Modern Garage in Sullivan, Mo. to get my GTO. They treated me very fairly with the deal done over the phone and I had a trade in as well. There was not a good looking female sales rep when I went so i guess I lose on that deal. Jamie FTW. I have had the car four months and I think I like it better now than when i purchased it.

The KC dealers did not want to deal. Andy Klein on Metcalf had one 2006 GTO and they wanted sticker. :lol: I had to drive all day but saved several thousand dollars.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
bemeyer said:
WORST experience, Behlmann Pontiac. Long story short they screwed me out of $2500 and refused to correct the matter. Neither did BBB, to whom Behlmann is a "supportor" so it's not in BBB's interest ($) to work against their supporters.

I'll never buy new again.
Anyone want to guess who gave me a $2,200 quote for changing a battery cable and charging the A/C on my '96 Bonnie?

It was (in ball park figures) $100 or so for the cable, and they said they put die in the A/C (already did that and told them so), put in 1/2 lb. of refrigerant, and it leaked out overnight. Said they needed to take the dash apart. $1,100.

I put 1 lb. in it myself 11 months ago, and it is still cooling fine.

They said my oil pan was dented and was leaking from the hole. $500

It IS dented, but it leaks at the same rate it has for the last 6-8 years. That's when the Valvoline guy were checking it out. Looks like the gasket is leaking to me. I change at oil about 5,000 mark and it is 1/2 low.

They said the water pump was leaking and needed to be replaced. $$$(can't remember)

The water pump was about 3 months old and I have an aircraft inspection mirror. Apparently, I have the worlds only self-sealing water pump too. Over a year later, it still hasn't leaked.

I went in the next day and asked to speak to the tech who worked on my car, and they said, "We had to send him home today because we didn't have enough work to keep him busy."

Huh???

I turned around and walked away...so mad it probably took 10 years off my life.

Correction - I mixed the name up. The ones who gave me this repair quote was Suntrup in St. Peters.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bought My 05 Torrid Red M6 18's From Modern Garage. Great Dealership. No Games, No Back And Forth, Just Straight Forward. I Had Looked At One At Behlman, Even Told Them That I Was Once In The Business And Knew The Fellas At Bommarito In South County. Yep, You Guessed It They Hit Me About $2500.00 Higher Then Modern Garage.
I Can Also State That Jamie Is Really Good As Well. My Wife And I Looked At An Envoy There At Auffenburg. Would Have Bought, But It Was Just Too Far Out Of Our Price Range.
Salesman name at Modern Garage was Nick.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well since this is a post mostly on dealerships in and around St Louis I'll post my experience! I bought my GTO from Wagner Buick/Pontiac in Belleville IL. I bought my Sierra from them as well and will be going back when I end up buying another GM vehicle. If you go ask for Carl Wagner - great guy.

Paul

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MAXAMOOSE said:
I Can Also State That Jamie Is Really Good As Well. My Wife And I Looked At An Envoy There At Auffenburg. Would Have Bought, But It Was Just Too Far Out Of Our Price Range.
Yeah, the've got this big RV out front that my daughter wanted to go in and look at so bad, she about drove me nuts. I don't think the credit union would approve that one ;-)

Gerry

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
When I got home from work yesterday, I saw a piece of trash laying in the driveway that fell out of the garbage when the trash guys came...or so I thought. When I walked out to get the mail, I found that the piece of trash was the Purchase and Delivery Satisfaction Survey. That's the only mail I've been LOOKING for, the first my mail carrier has ever dropped, and I ran over the damn thing with my new Goat...of course. :lol:

I completed the survey today with all "completely satisfied" except the On Star entry, which was marked as N/A. The two lines they have for additional comments just wouldn't do for me, so I wrote an attached letter. I thought I would share it with you because I feel it is just as importaint to praise good customer service as it is to bitch obout the poor.

Gerry

Pontiac Customer Service,

I wanted to take a minute to properly praise Auffenberg Pontiac, in Farmington, MO. The highest mark on the survey is “completely satisfied”, but that rating does not do justice to how I feel about them. In my life, I’ve owned over a dozen vehicles, with half of them purchased brand new from a dealership. My experience at Auffenberg Pontiac, was by far the best car buying experience I’ve ever had.

I have another Pontiac dealership 10 minutes from my home, but I drove the ½ hour to Auffenberg to give them the first shot at the sale. A year ago, I needed to have some emergency work done on my father-in-law’s Yukon before driving it out to Colorado to cook BBQ for troops returning from Iraq. Auffenberg was the only dealer in the area willing to work me in, cleaned & adjusted the brakes, and sent me on my way with a reasonable charge. A dishonest dealer could very well have stuck me with a very expensive repair, but not Auffenberg.

At that time, I had the flu, was running a high fever, and was not comfortable sitting in the waiting room with the other customers, so I sat outside. One of the salespersons, Jamie Lashley, took the time to stop and ask me if I needed a drink of water or anything else.

When I decided on a new GTO, I took some time to visit four other dealers in the St. Louis area. While I did like one of them, none made me feel like I’ve felt every time I’ve set foot in Auffenberg – like I was their #1 customer.

When I decided to make the purchase, my daughter and I called to make sure Jamie would be available. Upon arrival, I found that the only GTO they had with the manual transmission available for test drive was sitting on the showroom floor. Jamie and the staff didn’t bat an eye…they pushed it out and had it ready for a test drive in just a couple minutes. The test drive was short, and when I arrived back at Auffenberg, Jamie was waiting with the deal I was looking for, and we started the paperwork.

I just took my new GTO in for the first (free) oil change, and was just as impressed with the service department as I was a year ago. I asked if I could go over a few things with the mechanic while the car was up on the lift, and not only did I get to go over a few things, I learned quite a bit.

The most important thing I learned, though, was that I will be buying my next new car from Auffenberg, taking all of my dealer work there for both of my Pontiacs, and have already been recommending to my friends, family, and the general public on the internet that they should do the same. Every person I’ve dealt with there has treated me EXACTLY like a customer should be treated. Thank you Auffenberg!

And on a final note, I apologize for the condition of the survey. I’ve lived in my new house for a year, and my mail carrier dropped the survey in the driveway (the first time she’s dropped anything). When I pulled in from work yesterday I, of course, ran over it with my new Goat!

Happy Customer and Loyal GM Owner,

Gerry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.