Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this last month. 25,010 original miles. Wheels and exhaust are not original, but I believe everything else is. Have since sold the Budniks and have some 17" Bandit II wheels on it now. Have a set of 2 JT and 3 JC Rally II's powdercoated needing to be painted. Need the correct trim rings and plan to get Coker BFG Redlines for it. Car was originally sold with black steel wheels and hub caps with G77 redlines. Have the 4 hub caps and one steel wheel (spare). It's an auto with special order 3.90 gears, rear defogger, headrests and reclining passenger seat. Front and rear speaker, soft ray tint all around, bucket seats, console, and front disc brakes. From what I can tell, everything works except the trunk light and underhood light. Probably bulbs. Original Verdoro Green which I was told has not been repainted. I believe it, because there are a few minor dings. Doors shut solid as bank vaults. Dated coded spark plug wires in the trunk. Plan to get it up to concours standards and keep the miles low. Hate to do that as it's a blast to drive. PHS documented and always a Northern California car. Story is it was bought in May '68 to a serviceman who died in Vietnam in '75. That seems odd as we were pretty much out of there by then. His dad kept it covered in a building until 2003 when the second owner bought it. Apparently the dad had a hard time seeing it go. You can understand. Second guy sold it in 2004 along with 12 other cars to get $$ to buy a $473,000 race car. At that time it had 22,000 miles. I bought from third guy who kept it covered in storage for 10 years and drove it about 2500 miles total. When I first saw it, it had 25,007. He sold at age 73 because he had a hard time getting in and out of it and was tired of the $150/month storage fees. I plan to get the rally's and redlines on it soon and just go over it and make sure all the details are looked at.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts