Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of a 2005 Cyclone Gray GTO. I upgraded from a moderatly modded 1999 GTP.

Bone stock, I'm going to the track this coming weekend. Whats recommended for a supercharger on the LS2?

Winding her out

B

·
0 Posts
Leo said:
Whats recommended for a supercharger on the LS2?
better tires. :rofl:

Congrats on the new ride, look forward to seeing more vids and pics! :seeya:

V

·
0 Posts
congo-rats on the LS2 ... its a sweet ride... and a fun toy ... :willy: :party:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome aboard.

V

·
0 Posts
nitrogirl said:
Welcome! :party:...My mods:
Greg Anderson-autographed dash
NHRA Member sticker
if a sticker is a mod... what should i call my ride after I wrap it in vinal? LOL... :willy: :party:

maybe a present and ill give it to myself for christmas :lol: :rofl:

·
Registered
584 Posts
danrieke said:
Congrats from a 3-time Goat owner!

Suggest you break-in that engine before the track, dude.
:agree :cool
saw a guy blow his motor after having it a week and having the dealer plates on at the track when I was visiting my cuzzin down in Arizona

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the herd.

Give that big old engine the proper break in before sending it to the track. Threat that push rod right or it will make you pay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Two questions...

What are the popping sounds you hear as the GTO is approaching the camera at the begining of the flic? It sounds like back firing. I can't believe a stock GTO would back fire during normal downshifts.

Is that sweet engine note what all '05 and '05 GTOs sound like or is an aftermarket exhaust installed? Was the video shot from the rear seat? I know the rear seat passengers typically get a better audio experience from the exhaust system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ralniv said:
Two questions...

What are the popping sounds you hear as the GTO is approaching the camera at the begining of the flic? It sounds like back firing. I can't believe a stock GTO would back fire during normal downshifts.

Is that sweet engine note what all '05 and '05 GTOs sound like or is an aftermarket exhaust installed? Was the video shot from the rear seat? I know the rear seat passengers typically get a better audio experience from the exhaust system.

Thanks!
I did not notice the popping. I personally have never heard one backfire.

That is the stock exhaust. Its one of the best factory exhaust notes out there. Even the critics compliment the car for that.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts