Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 barbados blue 6spd GTO last sat. and i was lovin it. i was looking forward to everything that i could do to it and the fun i would have with it until yeasterday.... when i was hit by a trash truck. now i don't know it she's gonna survive. i just don't know what to do? should i try to fix this one or should i buy a new one? and has anyone had an accident and how costly are the repairs? do they even make replacement panels for this car yet? thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Brimm said:
i would just buy a new one if i were you. just to make sure there are no headaches down the road.
Good suggestion!

Even if they repair the car to factory specs and it is not noticable. The car will always be a documented repaired wreck. If you decide to keep the vehicle make sure you are compensated for the diminished value.

Total it and buy a new 05 GTO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah.. so the car is in the shop and i am still feeling like i got rearended by a trash truck.. i found out the estimate and it is begining at $5800. i found out that the rear quarter has been painted before, i guess from the factory? i want the car back so bad before it snows but they said at the earliest christmas. the body shop can't find a couple parts, the big one is the tail lights they don't even list them nor does the dealership. so i guess i'll have to wait. and the trucks's insurance co. is dumb b/c somehow it ened up that i had a 05 Audi not a 04 GTO and they didn't accept the quote from the shop so i had to call them again.. i have no clue... i give up.. thanks for letting me ramble on.. :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had someone back into me at work. Had to replace the taillight and some minor body work. The dealership was able to get the light in a couple days. The bodyshop guy said they have a parts warehouse set up in the US now for GTO parts.

G

·
0 Posts
The lights are available it takes GM some time to assign a Distribution Facility for a new product. It takes time...but never fast enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ouch!

I would like to know how the Gas Tank held up? Obviously it didn't exploded. The reason why I ask, I often have the kids in the back and always worry about a rear end accident. Also did the air bags deploy, was you pushed into something else? Hope you are feeling well, I would sell or trade it back in and get a new one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Crash Status

I had my GTO slammed from behind and the body shop is currently fixing. I called to confirm that they are having no problems finding parts. Parts includes both quaters, truck floor and right frame rail. I haven't gotten the final tally, but I figure around $15k. No gas tank explosion, no air bags, but I did get an alert on the message center about the air bags--the shop is looking into that.

After being exposed for mounting the gas tank on the outside of the frame on its pickups, I don't think GM is going to cut corners with the tank.

As for diminished value, I'll post how I do, but those claims are tough to make simply because quantifying the damage into a dollar figure is subjective.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the air bags didn't deploy and the gas tank was fine. hopefully they will be able to get the parts shortly. i didn't hit the car turning in front of me as i was pushed through the intersection.. thank god. but now i am dealing with all the phone calls and ect. the car was a lease so i'll just turn it back in 3 yrs. and wipe my hands clean of it. we'll see how this goes..

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is horrible, all of these stories of crashed GTO's almost make me cry. Good luck to you guys gettin your cars put back together!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts