Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://ffernandes.homelinux.com/pics/GTO/12172004/index.html

I've had her for 5 days and its snowed twice since ive had it. Oh well the dry and non slippery days have been completely awesome. Its tough breaking her in when everyone and their mom is trying to race you. I was assuming most people were going to just think it was a grand am or something, but i've noticed most people actually know what it is. I am astonished at how comfortable and nice the interior is. People almost fall over when i turn it on and give it a little bit of gas. This is my first car with a manual tranny. Tell me if i'm wrong, but this is a whole lot more fun perfecting my clutch/shifting technique than on beater. All my friends (except my friend with a Z06) are really jealous.

As far as dirving in the snow it seems to do ok. I just drive very slow and make sure to get some momentum before going up hills. The backend kicks out pulling out onto roads just about everytime though, but its fairly controlled. Anyone else have any fun sloshing around in the snow?

·
Registered
386 Posts
fffernan said:
http://ffernandes.homelinux.com/pics/GTO/12172004/index.html

I've had her for 5 days and its snowed twice since ive had it. Oh well the dry and non slippery days have been completely awesome. Its tough breaking her in when everyone and their mom is trying to race you. I was assuming most people were going to just think it was a grand am or something, but i've noticed most people actually know what it is. I am astonished at how comfortable and nice the interior is. People almost fall over when i turn it on and give it a little bit of gas. This is my first car with a manual tranny. Tell me if i'm wrong, but this is a whole lot more fun perfecting my clutch/shifting technique than on beater. All my friends (except my friend with a Z06) are really jealous.

As far as dirving in the snow it seems to do ok. I just drive very slow and make sure to get some momentum before going up hills. The backend kicks out pulling out onto roads just about everytime though, but its fairly controlled. Anyone else have any fun sloshing around in the snow?
Buffalo, NY = a lot of snow = a lot of fun.
:(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats

Love seeing those BIG smiles when getting a new toy!! :)

What is it about us guys? we get so excited when spending money on our new toys?? LOL

Good luck and when the weather clears drive safely.

Tony in Dallas

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fernan,

Nice to see another young buck in the crowd. Not too many younger fellas are interested in these cars, it seems, despite the performance.

Sorry about the snow, I don't have that problem down here!

BTW I love the 6 speed too. Perfecting the shifts takes a couple weeks, but now I can drive it as smoothly as an automatic.

Just out of curiosity, how many other fellas in their 20's in here?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, I hate to be sexist but there are some young women out there that are into cars. I bought my GTO for my 17 year old daughter who graduates from high school in May. She is responsible, level-headed and makes great grades, plus the car was no more expensive than the Coblat SS I was going to buy her. She loves and respects the car and does a good job of driving it (she had an S-10 blazer with a 5 speed). And this way I get to drive the car occasionally :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Volley said:
Well, I hate to be sexist but there are some young women out there that are into cars. I bought my GTO for my 17 year old daughter who graduates from high school in May. She is responsible, level-headed and makes great grades, plus the car was no more expensive than the Coblat SS I was going to buy her. She loves and respects the car and does a good job of driving it (she had an S-10 blazer with a 5 speed). And this way I get to drive the car occasionally :)
No matter how level-headed she is, a 17 year old girl makes me real nervous behind the wheel of a GTO.

Oh and I'm 27.

·
Registered
71 Posts
djdub said:
No matter how level-headed she is, a 17 year old girl makes me real nervous behind the wheel of a GTO.

Oh and I'm 27.

I am a 20 yr old female driving a 6spd GTO. i have had firebirds, camaros, and fullsize chevy pickups and this is the most driveable v8 that i have had so far, even in bad weather. so i think that Volley made a excellent choice for his daugher.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.