Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered it about two weeks ago and they said it wouldn’t be in until Christmas b/c they had to build it. I was told that I was the first one on the list for the new batch. Well, they called today and said that it was already in and I love it. There is nothing like the sound of a Les Paul with EMG 81/85 pickups. This bad boy screams.

So now it goes into my growing collection. Like guns, you can never have enough.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Oh damn, that thing is bad ass. I can’t believe how sensitive the pickups are.

Metallica, Nothing Else Matters - FTW – lol. PLEASE :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now that's a guitar! :cheers I got a Jackson w/ 2 hidden pickups and a Marshall amp, and been playing for about 2 years, getting ready to move up to the big guns. Any suggestions? Where did u order that lespaul from?

I love that collection of flying v's.

This is basically mine, xcept mine has the knobs, wammy bar, bridge, and tuners chrome, and its a really dark blue that almost matches my GTO. Oh and it don't have the little shiny stickers on the frets.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that's a guitar! :cheers I got a Jackson w/ 3 hidden pickups and a Marshall amp, and been playing for about 2 years, getting ready to move up to the big guns. Any suggestions? Where did u order that lespaul from?

I love that collection of flying v's.

Thanks arch. I ordered it from Guitar Center here in Montgomery. Pretty cool guys. What kind of guitars do you like?..brand, style, etc.?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like a clean not flashy style of guitar. As for brand i like jackson cause that's what I learned on, but as long as it can hit heavy I'll love it. I had a buddy of mine in my last band who swore by lespaul's. My Jackson and marshal are just too clean for me.

Oh and before u ask, the band never went anywhere, but we were called Shackled Theory.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like a clean not flashy style of guitar. As for brand i like jackson cause that's what I learned on, but as long as it can hit heavy I'll love it. I had a buddy of mine in my last band who swore by lespaul's. My Jackson and marshal are just too clean for me.

Oh and before u ask, the band never went anywhere, but we were called Shackled Theory.
The best thing I can tell you is to go a Guitar Center or somewhere like that and just play what they got. I love Jackson's, Les Paul's, ESP's, and Ibanez's. It's like buying a car. Go test drive them bad boys. Oh, and nothing like the cruching sound of a Marshall.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, I hear that about test driving em. That's how I chose the one I got. Not too expensive, and still sounded real good. I paid 500 somethin for it and a hard case when I was up at the Air Force Academy. I do like my marshall, but it is a lil bitty one, like only 2 foot tall, and doesn't have a whole lot to mess with. I've always wanted to try out an Ibanez guitar. Okay looks like I'll be making a trip to Guitar Center this weekend.

Do you know of a combination of Guitar and amp that put out a lot of natural distortion? Cause that's what im really lookin for right now.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know of a combination of Guitar and amp that put out a lot of natural distortion? Cause that's what im really lookin for right now.
Hmm, the best I can tell you about that is to get a distortion pedal. I know Guitar Center usually lets you test before you buy. So I would choose a guitar that you like and hook them up to a good amp in the store. Don't be shy to try different amps. Mesa Boogie amps sound good and Krank is really starting to break through in the amp world.

And by the way, this is the distortion pedal that I have. And now that I think about it, it wasn't on during my clip.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_boss_ds1_distortion_pedal?full_sku=100086787

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wait, that just about sounds like HELL NO. I even said please. Okay, some Three Days Grace, Creed, or anything like that - just longer than the previouis post.
What is this?...request hour? Just playing, man. I hate Creed….well, I can’t stand Scott Stapp. The old guitar player, Mark Tremonti, is awesome though. Not a huge fan of Three Days Grace. I love anything by Metallica… before the black album of course. I’m mostly into stuff like Megadeth, hence the avatar, Lamb of God, Black Label Society, Trivium, just to name a few. I’ll try to post some more stuff later. I’ve got to hit the gym then get ready for work.

·
Registered
944 Posts
What is this?...request hour? Just playing, man. I hate Creed….well, I can’t stand Scott Stapp. The old guitar player, Mark Tremonti, is awesome though. Not a huge fan of Three Days Grace. I love anything by Metallica… before the black album of course. I’m mostly into stuff like Megadeth, hence the avatar, Lamb of God, Black Label Society, Trivium, just to name a few. I’ll try to post some more stuff later. I’ve got to hit the gym then get ready for work.
Anything. Whenever a band is playing at a club in the city I try to grab a CD if they’re selling any (most do - pays for the gas they say). I love original music that hasn't been ran through every sound processor known to man. Anything would be much appreciated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts