Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't normally race to often but i felt the urge last night. i was running down the expressway around 3 last night when i saw 2 blue lighted car flying up behind me. one was ahead of the other and it was a twin turbo 300 zx tricked out, it looked great for its age. he pulled beside me and we punched it when the 2nd 350 z caught up already speeding our way to us. i let off at 150 mph and had the both by 6 cars or more. so i flashed my hazards and let off and they went on by me, when they caught up lol. so the older z got off the exit and i slowly came back up and the 350 and he wanted to race again, hard to believe after the whooping he just got. so from a 70 role when punched it again and i had him by 3 cars up to 100 mph. i figured he would stop messing with me but he continued to try for more races until i had to let off the gas completely to get the annoying guy to stop letting me blow his doors off. it was funny and I'm definitely glad to show those ever so popular imports that there are still a few American cars not to mess with

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wait, so they had blue neon on their cars??? If so, guess that explains their lack of driving ability. Unless you're modded that is. Either way, nice kills....

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Wait, so they had blue neon on their cars??? If so, guess that explains their lack of driving ability. Unless you're modded that is. Either way, nice kills....
I think he was referring to the HID headlights. My headlights on my Maxima has the crazy blue/purple look to them at certain angles.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think he was referring to the HID headlights. My headlights on my Maxima has the crazy blue/purple look to them at certain angles.
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't think about the headlights. You'd think I would've made the connection since I owned a 350Z, lol....:eek:

blue lights coming up behind me usually means my insurance is going up.....again:eek:

Hahaha....:lol:

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't think about the headlights. You'd think I would've made the connection since I owned a 350Z, lol....:eek:
I think I've gotten more "turn your damn hi-beams off" flashes from other cars when my low beams were on on my Maxima than I have with all the other cars I've own when their hi-beams were actually on. I love the HIDs but DAMN are they expensive. Through Nissan, one bulb was $130+.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, I got the same thing in the Z. People flashed my ass all the time. They didn't like it when I returned the favor, though. People sure got the hell out of the way when I was behind them, too. And they are some pricey things like you said, the headlights for my Z were like 1,200 a piece....

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I didn't get high beamed too much in the C6. I guess with the angle of the lights starting out so low, it didn't affect others like some of the higher mounted headlights. I would get high beamed everytime I was on this one secton of road that is divided and the one side is about 4 to 6 feet higher than the other side. When I was on the high side, the low side always hit their beams.

Speaking of cost, lets say you are driving a new CTS with HID lights. You are involved in a 5 mph accident where you rear end a pick-up. You look at his bumper, and it's got a tiny amount of twist to it, but he says it was like that and to not worry about it. You car on the other hand needs a grill, headlights and the radiator support bent since the bumper didn't take the impact. Also since the bumper didn't take the impact, the airbags deployed because of the sensors in the rad support.

Here's your damage breakdown:

Airbags = 1800
Grill = 750
HID =3600
rad sup = 600
f bumper
cover = 750
paint
refinish
labor = 1000

Your 5 mph bump is a 8500 accident. A guy my brother works with just got a Caddy CTS and had this exact accident 2 days after he got the car. It cost 8500 to fix it and he was going less than 10 mph when he hit the pickup. That pretty much expalins why insurance is so expensive. With his insurance at 700 every 6 months, it takes over 6 years for the insurance company to break even.

there just about isn't a $1000 accident anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts