Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few other cars, but unless there is a blizzard, I usually still drive the GTO to work everyday. Here's a pic after they plowed the lot yesterday morming. Does anyone else drive their GTO in the white stuff?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I do, if its really bad I will take another ride.

·
Registered
126 Posts
2-3 inches on the roads. Right now Im looking out the office window and its snowing like a banshee so Im getting a little worried :eek:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We got 8 inches last Thursday and we are suppose to get 3 more tomorrow night. They do a great job clearing the roads around here. Usually only slushy stuff for a day, then the roads are fine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Surprised

I drove it in about 4 inches of snow on Friday morning. I was shocked at how well it did. It was almost as good as in the rain. It is no where near a front wheel-drive car but better than most of the rear wheel cars I have owned. I would have used it for commuting except I am more worried about other drivers hitting me in the GTO. I would rather they hit my "Dog car" a 92 Olds station wagon.

I was able to go up hills that I saw alot of other cars with one wheel drive get stuck on. I actually drove around them in the GTO.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have found the GTO handles fine in the snow as long as you follow these guidellines:

1. If you have an M6, do not downshift in the snow/ice to decelerate. Just shift into neutral and slow with brakes only.

2. Enter turns (especially 90 degree turns) much slower than normal. The tail has a tendancy to wag a little when slick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I allways downshift in the white stuff for me that works the best hardly use brake but the again I am used to it I drove old goats in the snow all the time.
They were so light in the rear you couldnt make a turn without doing a 360. Oh yea I drive mine when ever it snows unless it is so deep I cant get out of the driveway.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Is it true the salt they put on the roads corodes aluminum wheels? I only get to see snow on T.V.(teehee) :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.