Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening I got called into service to run this month's DAPA (Dallas Area Pontiac Assn) meeting since the pres was out of town. He suggested that I might put together a short program on my build since I did all the work myself. So... I did. It was fun to make, and really gratifying when one of the members came up to me afterwards and said she'd enjoyed this meeting more than any she could remember.
If you'd like to see it, it's up on Youtube. It runs around 15 minutes long.

You know? I really like hanging out here and it feels really good to now and then be able to help someone who's trying to get through their project. There were sure times when it seemed like mine was an impossible pipe dream. Maybe this will encourage someone. :)

Bear

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
^^^X2 on that, I have watched both of your pypes video's on YouTube. I will check this one out as well. Thanks for posting, gives the newb something to aspire to. :D

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Thanks for posting, Bear. I'll have to "check it out". Still amazed/impressed at how well your black paint job turned out!

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Just watched it....what a slick production. From the fitting soundtrack (and its appropriate editing when the engine fires up) to the transition photos between songs. Really seamless. Looks like 'Ken Burns does the '69 GTO'! I did not realize, but should have suspected, all the trick little details that go unseen in your build, like the safety loop, fuel tank sump, etc. etc. The "same kid, same pliers" line was a crack-up, and the maiden voyage tied it all together. You've done your dad (and son, and wife) very proud indeed. You put a static collage of photos of car parts and components together and made them into a dynamic, living and breathing thing. Well done!!!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
top notch video just like the car...should be Sticky'd so every new'b can see what can be accomplished by a man a boy and a pair of pliers in a suburban garage. :cheers

·
Registered
659 Posts
Finally found time to watch the video. Wow Bear, I had no idea how much body work you had to do on your car. I still can't believe you got a paint job that nice on a black car, in your garage and the first paint job ever. Outstanding.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bear
Had a few minutes while watching the office to see your video. :cool
Outstanding job. Not only on the car but your video.
You truly are talented in more than one area. :cheers

Bill

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
What a great video and story.

A long journey well worth the final destination. Nice job Bear. :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts