Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has been using the car this week while her aurora is in the shop (5 days to get tires balanced and an alignment, but thats a different story for a different day).

She picked my up at the train and asked why she couldnt go into fourth. I told her I was going to get the $.20 radio shack fix and install it over the summer.

Yesterday she went to lunch with a coworker friend whose husband manages SK speed. During lunch she put the order in for a cags eliminator, and treated me to it. He brought it home, and his wife is bringing it in today. How is that for delivery service.

He offered to install it for her, but told her he would require 24 hours with the car to make sure it was installed correctly. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
My First- Fourth has only gotten me four times in the month (1700 mis.) that I've owned the car. Usually when there's a slow car in front of me. It won't happen out the driveway, cuz' it's not at operating temp yet. When it does happen, you're going so slow that you can re-clutch and get to second. It's just another thing to get used to.This has been the hardest car to consistantly shift smoothly that I've ever owned. When you get on it you've got to keep shifting easy. Which I've had a hard time getting used to while the car is absolutely screamin' down the road. Mine's breakin' in real nice though :cool

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure if the calibration in the GTO is different than in my 6-sp Trans Am, but I find the 1 to 4 skip shift happens much less in the GTO. Before I got the CAGS for my T/A, it used to happen a lot. Then again, I may be just nailing the goat harder.

·
Registered
143 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Geez, I thought she got you a Scott Sharioff 572 small block or something. Then again, it's more than the $400 bill for 4, count 'em, 4 bras my wife got me. :willy:
Why are you wearing a bra? And why are they so expensive? I was in Kohls the other day, they had a 2 for 1 deal, lots of sexy colors..... :lol:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thrashed said:
I'm not sure if the calibration in the GTO is different than in my 6-sp Trans Am, but I find the 1 to 4 skip shift happens much less in the GTO. Before I got the CAGS for my T/A, it used to happen a lot. Then again, I may be just nailing the goat harder.
I got rid of an '02 SS Camaro - and I agree with you it is different and i get the skip shift less often, but haven't changed my driving habits. Maybe, it's because the SS was a little louder with the SLP dual/dual exhaust with some billet plates over the cutout :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.