Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scraping some old paint and grease from the upper and lower a-frames yesterday on my 67 GTO to prepare for repainting them. After blowing off the loose stuff with an air hose I moved my shop light with a magnetic base and found this little item stuck to the magnet. It appears to be a large rivet.

Any ideas on what it is? I included a penny in the pictures to provide context for the size of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, only a mystery to me. I should have spent a little more time on Google. It appears to be an old ball joint rivet that was drilled out. Sorry to have wasted your time reading this post.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Have your upper ball joints ever been replaced? Factory rivets them, replacements get bolts & nuts. Might just be a ball joint rivet. Bronze it, mount it on a plaque, and show it off on your fireplace mantle with pride - it could be original and worth tons of money! :smilielol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have your upper ball joints ever been replaced? Factory rivets them, replacements get bolts & nuts. Might just be a ball joint rivet. Bronze it, mount it on a plaque, and show it off on your fireplace mantle with pride - it could be original and worth tons of money! :smilielol:
Hey Jim, I should have known you would be quick to assist with an answer :smile3: Yes, they have been replaced and based on pictures I found that's exactly what it is. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts