Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a used 2005 GTO that had some problems when i bought it... the extended warranty company i chose was National Auto Care Corporation.. turned out the rear diff and front control arms needed to be replaced.. NAC bitched about the GM price the dealership gave for the control arms and rear diff.. so i called NAC up and they told me if i could find aftermarket parts that had a substantial warranty they would pay for them.. so i ended up with a KAAZ rear diff and brand new whiteline control arms from 100 bucks :cheers .. warranty more than payed for itself first time in the shop.. i guess not all these aftermarket warranty's are scams..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, how much does that cost a month?
payed 1995 for it when i bought the vehicle... 3 year 36,000 miles .. covers most of the common problems found on here.. control arms, rear diff, a/c compressors, struts and a whole lot more..

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Daughter bought it with her used car only because she was moving out of state in a year and emergency "Daddy!!" calls do not work 600 miles away. I was kind of leery too, but Tell you what i am glad she did. We had to replace whole rear differential and front CV shafts on all wheel drive Vue, would have been around 3800 if we had to pay. Mechanic calls in the estimate they give approval then pay by credit card when he completes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts