Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how we doing, I just purchased a brand new 04' gto, and I've only had it a week but I've been trying to become more comfortable at running it and have been having a hard time. It seems like shifting from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd is somewhat hard getting it into gear. On top of that I was running a ls turbo civic and when I floored the gas it got stuck in place, I wasn't sure if that was normal, but when I spoke to someone about it they said it was just something to help you while racing. But if there's any tips or anything you can recommend, it would really help. Thanks and I'll be posting pics soon

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey guys how we doing, I just purchased a brand new 04' gto, and I've only had it a week but I've been trying to become more comfortable at running it and have been having a hard time. It seems like shifting from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd is somewhat hard getting it into gear. On top of that I was running a ls turbo civic and when I floored the gas it got stuck in place, I wasn't sure if that was normal, but when I spoke to someone about it they said it was just something to help you while racing. But if there's any tips or anything you can recommend, it would really help. Thanks and I'll be posting pics soon
brand new 04 eh? sounds like you need to take that sucker back...

practice shifting. it takes a few weeks to get the shifts downpat. and a stuck gas pedal is a road hazard regardless of what someone says "helps you while racing" some of the best runs made are not at WOT

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Somethings just not right here...:confused

A brand new 04 is very strange for 10/08. A sticking gas pedal is as dangerous an issue as can be...Get back to the dealer PDQ-ASAP...

My Bad...A warm welcome to the forum...:cheers:cool:cheers

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum.
Now what do you mean brand new. :confused Brand new 0 miles new.:confused
The sticking gas pedal dont sound right at all take the car back and see whats going on, before you hurt yourself. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hehe me and some buddies almost died in high school ina 318 dodge dart, the pedal got stuck and wouldnt unstick, try going 130 towards traffic on the freeway with no way to stop. luckily he sacked his engine and let it blow to save us. im lucky to be alive.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
A sticking gas pedal is not normal for any car, not even race cars. Where are you at on this situation? Change you tranny fluid to some good stuff that might help your shifting situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts