Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just toasted the rear end in my 1968 GTO. Would like to upgrade to a posi system. Anyone have a tip on what to buy and where? Planning on a 3.55 gear ratio.

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Depending on how much torque/power you're making (and of course the ever-present budget), you might consider solving the problem once and for all by swapping the whole assembly out for a 9". That's what I put under my '69, a Moser 9" with nodular center section, high spline count Moser axles, Wavetrac diff, and 3.50 gears - custom made with all the mounts to bolt right in. It wasn't cheap, but I'll never have to worry about breaking it - ever. I got mine from Spohn Engineering.

Bear

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Auburn 3.55 is in

Didn't want to lose any top end. Runs great and the entire repair including labor was under $2K. Just got her home.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Didn't want to lose any top end. Runs great and the entire repair including labor was under $2K. Just got her home.[/QUOTE
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I have a peg leg 2.93 in my 68 Gto that I want to make posi and having a ton of problems finding the fix. I love the gear ratio eith my turbo 400 but tire spin like crazy of the line into 2nd . I kept my rebuild close to stock on motor. Hoping I can find the same fix. Tough to do with 2.93 gears. Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts