Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to get my rebuilt engine back into my 69. If it was just the engine I might tackle it myself but im also swaping the richmond 4+1 for a tko 600 and to get the engine to fit im changing to a hydraboost braking system and then while i was at it if figured I would sway over to a hydralic clutch. So im sitting in my garage looking at all these parts and i realized I'm going to f- this up if I did it myself. I talked to one shop that "restores classics" and they thought it would take 40 hours and charged $65 hour. I even went to Performance Years/Pypes which is 20 mins from me and I guess they just sell pontiac parts because the counter guy had no idea of any shops i could go to. If anyone knows of a mechanic or shop in the Bucks County area north of Philly please let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He mainly does engine rebuilds not installs or other service I msg him a few years ago before I pulled the motor. Had leads of A-Z auto in warminster, Injection Connection in Horsham and LS performance in lower bucks. They are from a import tuners group but not sure how good they are with a car without a comupter in it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do the engine yourself , then you could always drive it to a shop for the trans. conversion . Also that would really cut down on the labor as well . I would do the install for you if needed, send a PM . I am local to you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts