Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. I drove my 14 year old daughter to school in my like new 04, and she put her muddy feet up on the dash!!!!!!. I need advice from wiser fathers than I. Should I ground her for life or just make her take her shoes off before approaching my baby?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Don't have a daughter but along the same lines I threatened to take the keys away from my wifes goat. Historically she has always kept her cars clean but she has been hauling our Pugs around and they shed like sheep...long story short one of my cars is filled with dog hair and she won't go vacuum it out. I drove it today in embarrassment; I am about to go buy her a '95 Teal Pontiac Sunfire with a black ragtop and hide her goat keys until she shapes up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just tell your daughter the next time she does that she has to detail the whole car. The way I figure it, either:

a. She'll stop putting her feet up after a couple times, or

b. Your Goat will always be clean, and you'll never have to do the work or pay to have it done. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I usually jack my wifes car a 745Li to haul the kids around, its leased and I don't care what happens to it. I drive an 05 Mercedes C55 which I have made known to my kids is dad's "favorite toy" and that I go to a lot of trouble to take good care of it. They have been very responsive and my 14 year old son even got one of his buddies to kick off his shoes before getting in a few weeks ago. I think if you talk to her like an adult and explain it this way she will respect you and your car. If not, toss her a bus pass. :cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mikey,

I too have a daughter she is twelve - the other is 11. They beg me everytime we go anywhere to take the goat. They have the utmost respect for it and tell their friends to wipe their feet when they get in. I have always talked to them about taking care of what we have. I hire them to vacuume out our vehicles and usually pay them about ten dollars each time they do it. It seems like she may need a stern talking to about respecting what you have in your family and that your hard earned goat is not one of her friends rice burning heap. try and reason with her first and if that doesn't work tell her she can't ride in the goat untill she learns what respect is for others property. Good luck! I know girls are a challenge :willy: :cheers

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have the same problem. My daughter puts her feet on the back of the seat in front of her. Normally I would get upset, but she does it in our Aurora as well.

Until recently it was easy to just move the front seat a little further forward, or in the Z28 not worry because the fabric was scotchguarded. But now that she is 39 inches long/tall, the front seat of the GTO gets cramped if we move it up further.

I was thinking of talking to her, but usually her response is "yellow paci" or "pink baba". Somtimes I get a "dada car vrooom" or "dada car baaah".

Do I grin and bear it until she is say three and may listen, or do I take away her cheerios for a few days?

My wife suggested we put the plastic thing that hangs on the back of the seat in the GTO. such a dilemma, I hope GMAC doesn't hit me for too much when I turn it in at the end of the lease.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.