Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 65 did not have side view mirrors on the doors. I have purchased repop mirrors but need the proper dimensions to locate them. Could someone take some measurements of there mirrors in place? Thanks Vern

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone help me out on this one.? If you could just take a quick measurement from the front edge of your door to the most forward part of the base of the mirror. Thanks Vern

·
Registered
704 Posts
depends on the mirror type and bracket, remote or manual. Best to try them on your doors, held in place with painter's tape. Make sure that vent window can open completely with mirror in place. Since there was no factory installed pass. side mirror, if you add one, it will have to be trial and error. But all repo mirrors seen for pass can not be adjusted so one can use them when in drivers' seat and still get vent open. so just for looks, not practical.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just now checking in. Sorry I didnt make it clear, I'm planning on using manual type side mirrors. Thanks Pontiac.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
:agree passenger side mirror was OFTEN mounted by the dealership. It was mounted/positioned for driver visibility, not location.......E

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like no one answered the OP's question. The attached picture shows the mirror mounting holes put in at the factory on my '64, which is the same as the '65 mirror location. Passenger side is the same.

Drill two 1/8" holes---one exactly 4 3/16" from the front edge of the door, the second hole 6 3/16" from the front edge. For height, measure exactly 1" below the ridge at the edge of the beltline molding.

If you look at pictures of '65 GTO's on various sites, you'll see the really "correct" ones have the standard mirror positioned like this.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts