Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a GTO after many years without one. I would like some opinions on my options. I can buy a new carryover 04 automatic for 22,500. Full warranty and a good color (yellow) . A new carrover 05 is a lot more money. I also can buy a used yellow 6 speed in mint cond. with 2000 miles and a little over a year remaining on warranty for 21500. Are these prices reasonable? Also I am wondering if the 04 might respond better to mods than the LS2 models. We currently have an 05 C6 corvette with LS2 automatic and an 06 Trail blazer SS with LS2. It seems like both have a lot of torque management that slows them down and dont respond to cold air intakes and such. I am thinking the 04 might have less torque management and respond more to simple mods. Appreciate any opinions on this, we might make the decision by friday. thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
GTO455HO said:
Thinking about getting a GTO after many years without one. I would like some opinions on my options. I can buy a new carryover 04 automatic for 22,500. Full warranty and a good color (yellow) . A new carrover 05 is a lot more money. I also can buy a used yellow 6 speed in mint cond. with 2000 miles and a little over a year remaining on warranty for 21500. Are these prices reasonable? Also I am wondering if the 04 might respond better to mods than the LS2 models. We currently have an 05 C6 corvette with LS2 automatic and an 06 Trail blazer SS with LS2. It seems like both have a lot of torque management that slows them down and dont respond to cold air intakes and such. I am thinking the 04 might have less torque management and respond more to simple mods. Appreciate any opinions on this, we might make the decision by friday. thanks
If you buy a "new" 2004 with full warranty, make sure it's for 3 years and not 1 year. I would assume GM will honor the full 3 year even though the car is 2 years old. Make absolutely sure the warranty will be honored for the full 3/36K

Me personally, I would spring for a 2005. Some on here have said they've gotten 05's for mid 20's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.