Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's been covered before. However spending the better part of this morning using the search feature I have failed to figure out what I'm looking for. Maybe I don't know the correct terminology or part name but I can't find it through Google or I can't find it through our forum. What is the part called that covers my pillars in between the front door windows and the rear windows... see picture for what I'm asking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Wayne, Your '68 Pontiac Tempest or LeMans is a 2 door Coupe/aka/ 2door Post...has a frame around the door. This specific inner pillar trim piece was only used on '68-72 GM A body Coupes & is not reproduced.

-Pontiac built A body 2door Coupes through '72 model year.
-Buick & Olds discontinued their Abody 2door Post body style after the '70 models.
-Chevy built two door Post base Chevelles through the '69 models.

Not that easy to find of a trim piece. Have owned quite a few '69-72 2door Coupes over the years, & have pulled a bunch of 2 door Post trim. These same trim pieces needed replacing in my '72 LeMans Coupe (1 of 27 400 stick LeMans Coupes). I ended up pulling a pair for its restoration in MN.

Can't find these trim pieces, ck back this Fall, will be again on long roadtrlp hitting monster oldschool yards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any ideas on what I could use for my gto? I do realize that this was a 2d post... but I thought maybe I didn't know correct terminology, to locate them...Iv spent more hrs searching for mother******** then sleeping and keep finding the "A" pillar trims. Do you think I could modify the a pillar trims to work?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I would expand my search if I were you. Try looking for parts (probably used) for other A body GM cars, Buick Skylark, Chevrolet Chevelle, Olds Cutlass, etc. Any of those coupes should be the same. As far as color, you can always paint/dye them black.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. These must be hard finds. I'm coming up with Jack diddly. However I find repos for novas... Can anybody give me dementions on the b pillar trims?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts