Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight when I popped the hood a small spring about 2 inches long fell out of the front end as well as a small metal broken tab. This is the spring that attaches to the hood release lever and the lever that engages the lock on the hood latch. I can not for the life of me figure out what part this is. I’ve looked on summit, Ames, and OPGI and can’t find anything. I need the assembly that mounts on the bottom of the radiator support and engages the blade to lock the large spring in place when the hood closes. Thank you ahead of time!

·
Registered
801 Posts
If I'm on the same page it's the Hood Latch Release Spring.
As far as I know, it is not re-poped so you just need to find a suitable replacement for it.
You'll need to remove the Latch assembly to access it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Found one on EBay for way to much but what can you do, lol. My wife was nearly in tears over me half jokingly suggesting hood pins.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Quick Latch are the new hood pins, I use them on my Lemans,...no cable, no pins.

The latch mounts almost flush and there is a locking version as well. You leave the factory latch in center, these latches lock the hood solid at speed, no movement anytime, and you can lock with a key if you buy that model.

they are made in Texas and are going on all the new 2020 Mustang hoods,....so don’t cry!

things do improve!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick Latch are the new hood pins, I use them on my Lemans,...no cable, no pins.

The latch mounts almost flush and there is a locking version as well. You leave the factory latch in center, these latches lock the hood solid at speed, no movement anytime, and you can lock with a key if you buy that model.

they are made in Texas and are going on all the new 2020 Mustang hoods,....so don’t cry!

things do improve!
Strangely enough you really don’t see too many GTOs with hood pins. I kinda said it as a testing the waters statement and it was very quickly shut down. Found the right part on EBAY so it’s all good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts